Photos A Walk in Nature

I always enjoy seeing your pictures Dan
Gracias Jeremy :) Fantastic sunset photo my friend :thumbsup:

What a treat to look at all the photos !

Here is my beloved ebony lamb at this time last year enjoying the trillium flowers in bloom.
I am attached to this knife the most as it was my faithful companion on many walks and ultimately the inspiration for this thread.
( hint: you'll be seeing more of it lol )

White Trillium
uw6naXK.jpg

A more rare Red Trillium
GCuINhQ.jpg

Once the tree canopy fills in blocking the sunlight the flowers are gone
HcQwX8G.jpg

Great pic! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gracias Jeremy :) Fantastic sunset photo my friend :thumbsup:

What a treat to look at all the photos !

Here is my beloved ebony lamb at this time last year enjoying the trillium flowers in bloom.
I am attached to this knife the most as it was my faithful companion on many walks and ultimately the inspiration for this thread.
( hint: you'll be seeing more of it lol )

White Trillium
uw6naXK.jpg

A more rare Red Trillium
GCuINhQ.jpg

Once the tree canopy fills in blocking the sunlight the flowers are gone
HcQwX8G.jpg
Thanks guys. We are camping more this year so hopefully more beautiful sunsets like that in my future.

Wow ! you guys are knocking it out of the park :thumbsup: :)

Today was a cold and rainy day here in eastern Ontario so we did not go for our usual walk however all these fantastic images certainly made up for it !

Yesterday after I took the pic of my 93 Ram with the Trillium flowers I had an unexpected encounter with a rather gentle and timid friend.

B0chZVO.jpg

OppiUOJ.jpg

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint You live in paradise my friend :) Lake crescent was mentioned and a quick google search tells me is in Washington ?
My sister and her family live in Washington … I think is time to visit them ;)

I certainly appreciate all of the very fine photos of everyones outdoor excursions . Unfortunately at my age the days of outdoor walks is over . The best I can do to contribute to this thread is post photos from some of our many trips that we took when we were younger and more mobile .
Harry

I certainly appreciate all of the very fine photos of everyones outdoor excursions . Unfortunately at my age the days of outdoor walks is over . The best I can do to contribute to this thread is post photos from some of our many trips that we took when we were younger and more mobile .
Harry
Love to see some of them Harry!👍

I’m glad I’m not the only one who perfectly poses knives for photos at scenic spots.
Anyone else get some odd looks from passerby’s? Like ‘why is he taking a picture of a knife at Yosemite’s tunnel view?’

No freeloading, oldies but goodies.
CA wine country.
full

NorCal beach.
full

Thank you very much for the encouragement my friends . 2018 Trip
I carried all of these knives along on the trip .

Left lower Wisconsin and went up through Minn . and North Dakota .

Stopped to see a good friend in North Dakota . paulhilborn paulhilborn
And saw a very long Railroad Trestle Bridge

Stopped for an overview shot of Theodore Roosevelt Nt. Pk.

Went on to Glacier Nat. Pk.

Saw a Grizzley

Went on down to Yellowstone .

Got a shot of the Tetons

Stopped at Mount Rushmore

And Chief Crazy Horse

Harry

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the encouragement my friends . 2018 Trip
I carried all of these knives along on the trip . Left lower Wisconsin and went up through Minn . and North Dakota .

Stopped to see a good friend in North Dakota . paulhilborn paulhilborn
And saw a very long Railroad Trestle Bridge

Stopped for an overview shot of Theodore Roosevelt Nt. Pk.

Went on to Glacier Nat. Pk.

Saw a Grizzley

Went on down to Yellowstone .

Got a shot of the Tetons

Stopped at Mount Rushmore

And Chief Crazy Horse

Harry
Wow, that looks like it was a great trip my friend! Thanks for sharing them Harry!
👍😉
Can’t wait for school to let out so I can get away on a few adventures myself.

I was hoping we'd get to see you contribute to this thread. Always amazing pics when you post...is the first pic with the 92 at Lake Crescent?

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint You live in paradise my friend :) Lake crescent was mentioned and a quick google search tells me is in Washington ?
My sister and her family live in Washington … I think is time to visit them ;)

Thanks gents! Yes Washington State, but the pic is from Lake Diablo. We've been here going on 4 years now and we love it (I still head back to FL 4-5 times a year for a few weeks at a time, that's where the Buck picture was taken). Lake Crescent is in the Olympics I believe, which we don't get out to as often as I'd like, but I look forward to changing that in the future. The majority of our time has been spent in the Cascades thus far. But yes, the entirety of the PNW region is absolutely stunning and worth a visit any chance you get, particularly in the summer with the long days and great weather. My hopes are in the future when the kids are out on their own is that we can pull off living here spring through fall and winter back home in Florida.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who perfectly poses knives for photos at scenic spots.
Anyone else get some odd looks from passerby’s? Like ‘why is he taking a picture of a knife at Yosemite’s tunnel view?’
HAHAHA! YES! Sometimes I have my son stand guard and tell me if anyone is coming up trail. I'm just glad to have a gathering place of like minded weirdos where I can share them ;)

Honestly at this point I just go ahead and do it. For some reason it feels even stranger taking a wrist shot of my watch for the watch forums. Knife shots are more enjoyable for me anyway though, so I do those more often.

2019 Guardians Lambsfoot on the River Nidd, in North Yorkshire.

4TavSrm.jpg

ubsSoJ2.jpg

2011 BF Forum Knife near Hathersage in Derbyshire.

3yPdDqn.jpg

jRQdsAm.jpg

Cognet Squirrel on the Harewood Estate in West Yorkshire.

0RVQEHZ.jpg

1dTHna7.jpg

Victorinox Mauser at Bolton Abbey, in North Yorkshire.

ROWpvlt.jpg

n8At2bs.jpg

Charlie's TC Ancient Barlow at Abbeydale, Sheffield.

x604pjj.jpg

imPBzcs.jpg

Victorinox Farmer near Heptonstall in West Yorkshire.

DQMvliM.jpg

NiJh7bU.jpg

Back