A week hunting (with Busse content) ...

Beautiful country. Hope to see it in person someday. Thanks for sharing.

Garth

Garth, easy! :D
The PO suggested few weeks ago that you guys take some of your fine steel and the very fine Busse Ladies and come Down Under for a show... :thumbup::thumbup::cool:You'll change the steel for hard cash, which will allow you to go into the Outback and enjoy hunts like Andy's. :D

There is no denying Andy's skill with the camera and the stunning vistas - he can start shooting for that Busse CALENDAR that has been mentioned for a while now. :D
And Garth, do not fret!:eek: We've got a beautiful place called "Dan Murphy's" - a booze warehouse!:cool::D:thumbup:

It's a everybody wins scenario! :D

And who knows, maybe a trip like that, with all the attractions would inspire Jerry to come with some new designs?!? :D:eek::rolleyes:

Nice idear.
What would Jerry call the Aussie infi knife? Thats a thread in its self.lol

Garth, easy! :D
The PO suggested few weeks ago that you guys take some of your fine steel and the very fine Busse Ladies and come Down Under for a show... :thumbup::thumbup::cool:You'll change the steel for hard cash, which will allow you to go into the Outback and enjoy hunts like Andy's. :D

There is no denying Andy's skill with the camera and the stunning vistas - he can start shooting for that Busse CALENDAR that has been mentioned for a while now. :D
And Garth, do not fret!:eek: We've got a beautiful place called "Dan Murphy's" - a booze warehouse!:cool::D:thumbup:

It's a everybody wins scenario! :D

And who knows, maybe a trip like that, with all the attractions would inspire Jerry to come with some new designs?!? :D:eek::rolleyes:

Well I think I may have found my new vacation spot. Thanks for the awesome pics.

I am hunting in the New England area, lots of fine country up there, God's own I believe. ..!!! That rifle is a Sako AII action that I bought as a worn out .22/250 and rebuilt into a .308win (toss up between .308 and .260Rem at the time). Stock is McMillian, barrel is Toblar.

Those large fungus are NOT edible nor am I aware of them producing any effect other than bad stomach cramps and a does of the runs that would make a Rat on a Stick street vendor Mumbai proud..!!!!

No jerky this time around, I will probably do up a batch in the next few weeks though (have to fly down to South Australia next weekend so those days off are spoken for).

Oh...the B4 was FANTASTIC at taking apart deer..!!!

Thanks for the compliment guys.... :)

Last edited:
WOW!! Thanks for sharing Andy! Amazing pictures as always. I am so jealous of you. It looks like you had an amazing time!

Peter,
Thank's for the skinning info. I knew the Basic-4 was going to be a great skinner. Which one did you use, the Anorexic or the Magnum? I was thinking you had both, but can't recall for sure!

Nice to see that some of you guys down under are weathering the gun controls well ... and still enjoying your hunting :thumbup:

Lovely pic's and beautiful scenary ... although the snakes seem a bit thick on the ground :eek:

Awesome pics Andy! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous... Beautiful country you've got there--hoping to head that way sometime!;)

Peter,
Thank's for the skinning info. I knew the Basic-4 was going to be a great skinner. Which one did you use, the Anorexic or the Magnum? I was thinking you had both, but can't recall for sure!
...Yep...I have one of each but chose the Supermodel (skinny) for the job. .. :)

I was going to ask how the B4 & ASH did. Glad to hear they both did well!

I'd love to make it to Australia someday to do exactly what you. Congrats on the successful hunt, breaking in yours (and mine) favorite Busses, and keeping those snakes from biting ya.

When I do make it down there, I'm going to contact you to give me some locals advice & maybe to talk about our ASHs.

hi, Andy the Aussie
i enjoyed your pics, good trip and hunting game.

how about the retention on the B4 ?

i have few infi blade , but i never use them , so i wanna know the perfemance on the hunting game.

thank

dingy

Woo! HOO! Andy!:thumbup:

Congratulations on such a beautiful, relaxing and peaceful trip. The stream looks real clean like it would hold trout, and has some serious flow.:)

Good for you and thanks for sharing a wonderful experience:cool:

Thanks again guys, the B4 was still shaving sharp at the end of all my hacking (can't call myself a butcher, that would be insulting to butchers)... ;)

And that creek has generally held trout (some damn good size fish as well) , it has to be stocked of course and will be again but when the drought was at its height here it was as dry as a bone.

Andy

Back