A2 Tantos and S7 Recurves are almost there!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Here are some quick pics I took... these are sharpened and just about ready for sheaths. The sheaths are done besides hardware, when it is in I'll have all of these finished. :D

I am going to sand the tanto scales some more and then they are ready to go. This pic does them no justice, I'll get better pics when they are complete. These are scalpels... I know, I cut myself with one! :eek:

S7! These are 100% ready besides the sheath hardware. The one on the far left will be available and it is just scary sharp!

Massive Fuller! I'll get a decent pic soon...

F#*k yeah!!

Totally unintentional but notice on mine how one of the dark lines in the ironwood flows perfectly into the top of the plunge and the flat.

Which one cut you?

I went looking for some ironwood for fixed blades. came up empty, so settled for more bloodwood and some cocobolo. Daniels' got a treasure trove apparently :p

I went looking for some ironwood for fixed blades. came up empty, so settled for more bloodwood and some cocobolo. Daniels' got a treasure trove apparently :p

Apparently so! I looked at a lot of ironwood pieces and when I saw his in progress I had to have one. Fantastic blocks.

I do like cocobolo a lot though too. Great color, chatoyance and it's tough stuff.

Thanks, Evan. I have a 'lil more G E Micarta, if Daniel wants it.
Hi Bobby.

Nah. My Godfather used to work with Air Products and they bought Micarta from diff sources.

Here are some quick pics I took... these are sharpened and just about ready for sheaths.

S7! These are 100% ready besides the sheath hardware. The one on the far left will be available and it is just scary sharp!

[/URL]

Hey Daniel, if you're talking about the smaller one, I'm very interested!

Think that one on the far left is a hunter proto, no?

Regardless these are sick knives. I love those recurves!

Yes, Hunter prototype #2!

Rolf, I'm loving that Micarta! It has a lot of character.

IMWILSON, Sloth357 - that one is available! I owe both of you guys one so just let me know. It is just scary too...full flat grind.

Thanks Evan and Farchyld! I decided a while back that I will mostly only use Ironwood, Blackwood and the occasional Cocobolo or stabiliized Maple for scales... I'm sure there will be exceptions but the Ironwood and Blackwood especially get my attention.

I do not have much of a line up on Blackwood but check out Arizona Ironwood for the good stuff... and have new belts ready! The Ironwood is slower to cut than D2 I bet... but well worth the time!

I'm just in from my 11th anniversary fun in Creede, CO... we had a blast!

Glad you had fun, Daniel! You'll have to give us the lowdown on what was in Creede (cause I got no clue!)

I worked with Blackwood twice and didn't care for it at all. Cocobolo and Ironwood both looked promising, and I love how Bloodwood finishes!

Glad you had fun, Daniel! You'll have to give us the lowdown on what was in Creede (cause I got no clue!)

I worked with Blackwood twice and didn't care for it at all. Cocobolo and Ironwood both looked promising, and I love how Bloodwood finishes!

Creede is awesome, it is an old mining town and looks very much like it did 100+ years back. Jesse James, Bob Ford, Soapy Smith, Calamity Jane and others lived there during the silver boom of the 1890's.... Jesse James was shot there. The town was run by "bosses" back then and was as wild as can be.

Part of National Lampoons Summer Vacation was filmed within a mile or so of the place we stayed at!

Check Google for pics but I have a few to upload tomorrow.

Ironwood is not exactly nice to work with but once you are done it is all very much worth the extra effort!

I need to send you the mahogany I have from Carriacou. I can't do much with it in the city.

Back