Active Duty Ahoy!

Armithius

Gold Member
So upon the advice of a couple forumites, I sold off a couple of my unused knives and scored myself an Active Duty off the exchange. This thing feels absolutely amazing in hand. I've sent Garth an email seeing if he could give it a makeover (it does need a bit of work) and once I get that done and get it some new pants, I've a feeling this is gonna be my new favorite EDC! :D

It's the first Busse I was really interested in, and I'm incredibly glad I was able to score one. Just took me getting over my apprehension about buying/selling stuff from individuals online.

I too just picked up an active duty off of the exchange. It should arrive tomorrow. I have had nothing but good experiences with the folks in this forum. Admittedly I have only sold one knife and bought 7.

Congrats on the AD Bro, been one of my favorite small blades for the whole time I've known about Busse!!!

:thumbup:The Active Duty is a great EDC, feels great in the hand and easy to carry. I got a sterile CG with a penetrator tip in sage and black canvas, and a BAD in satin with black canvas. Also got some great leather pouches, a Randall style from Chuck at Chuddybear for the CG, and a Badass sheath from Dwayne at Armoralleather for the BAD.

Last edited:
Thanks folks! Unfortunately, now that I'm out of work and actually have time to look it over (I got it in right before I left) it'd definitely gonna need some TLC. I dunno if the previous owner just used it really hard or if my sharpening skills are just that bad (which is entirely possible) but I spent some time with it on the sharpmaker and I still don't think it'd even be able to cut butter. :confused:

You can always send it back to the shop. They will take good care of you.

I've had good results stropping with different grits of wet dry sandpaper(eg, 400, 600, 800, 1000) placed over my leather strop or a firm foam cushion, and finishing with the leather strop. You can find the sand paper at an auto parts store. I ordered a leather strop from Bark River and another from Sharpening Supplies.com. There are several threads on the convex sharpening method here. Or like Josh said, just send it to the shop.

They can do wonders at the shop. I sent a NMSFNO in to get cleaned and got back a blade that I would swear was new.

Thanks folks! Unfortunately, now that I'm out of work and actually have time to look it over (I got it in right before I left) it'd definitely gonna need some TLC. I dunno if the previous owner just used it really hard or if my sharpening skills are just that bad (which is entirely possible) but I spent some time with it on the sharpmaker and I still don't think it'd even be able to cut butter. :confused:
Gongrats on the AD! Its one of my favorite EDC's. Mine did come with a seriously obtuse edge angle, it took me some time and a lot of steel removal and its still not quite there yet. I used a rather rough diamond rod and it seems to be the best at getting results quickly. If and when you do send it back just ask them to thin the edge profile a bit and you'll get a great little slicer back. :)

Yeah, that's pretty much the plan. I sent an email to Garth seeing what he can do for me. Just waiting to hear back from him now. :)

Aye. I'd like to have it changed to match my AMS, so it would need to be recoated in Tanker Gray, and the handle scales would need to be changed to green and black G10. Plus the aforementioned sharpening. I seriously think I actually made it worse rather than better, lol.

Last edited:
Just got back from being out for a week at the fair. I will be catching up on emails for a few days probably but no worries we will get your Active Duty taken care of.

Garth

Back