• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Advice needed: false advertising?

When this knife was sold as new, was this an accurate description?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I recall he use to say it wasn't a flipper but a guard, than it got switched to "oh, it's tuned for first responders", then I guess he silently relented and put a stronger detent in teh Gen 6 models. I don't know how this impacts first responders. I imagine they're out there struggling to open their knives in harm's way without having that signature floppy detent.
^Clearest answer to the question thus far! :D

Great answer :) I've owned 5 pre-Gen6 XM-18s and always ended up selling them for one reason or another. The good news is I have a new Gen6 being delivered today!!!

To the OP I agree that you should enjoy the knife for awhile and decide for yourself if it is for you or not.

The clarity continues! :p
Not so fast hombre. I detect a bit of sarcasm with those pink smilies. I'd say we're clearly at 66.66% functionality of the tap.

1. Works as a guard ☑

2. Had "first responder" detent ☑

3. Flipper like a conventional flipper knife □

= 66.66% functionality

But yeah, the discoloration is from the heat treat.

Not so fast hombre. I detect a bit of sarcasm with those pink smilies. I'd say we're clearly at 66.66% functionality of the tap.

1. Works as a guard ☑

2. Had "first responder" detent ☑

3. Flipper like a conventional flipper knife □

= 66.66% functionality

But yeah, the discoloration is from the heat treat.
You sure you are posting in the right thread?

Back