After Sale Lounge

I didn't come close but if moparsbob moparsbob decides to go for the Shiv, I will be very happy for him as he's shown to be a great and loyal CPK brethren :thumbsup:

For sure. Also, if any of the new guys or gals that were trying for something today happen to poke their head in here, wait to see how that shakes out because a bunch of folks I'm sure were gunning for that shiv and are going to pass. Congrats moparsbob moparsbob

I still can't believe I was the first on a high-demand sale like this one! I think the best I've ever done in previous sales was around 8 or 9. So when the sale ad came up, I quickly scrolled down and hit post, and waited and waited and waited...
When the screen finally refreshed, it showed me as the first poster, but I knew that was BS - The last sale it initially showed me as the first poster, but when I refreshed the screen, I was really #12. So I sat there for a few moments relishing the thought that for a moment,
I was the first poster. Then I finally refreshed the screen, expecting to find myself # 15 or 20. But then it refreshed and still showed me as the first poster. I was sure something was wrong, so I refreshed it a couple more times.
It finally sunk in - I had given up hope of ever acquiring a shiv, given what they are going for on the secondary market. I think that maybe this one deserves one of those Paul Long sheaths?

For sure. Also, if any of the new guys or gals that were trying for something today happen to poke their head in here, wait to see how that shakes out because a bunch of folks I'm sure were gunning for that shiv and are going to pass. Congrats moparsbob moparsbob

He won't share this because he's too humble and low-key but when I had passed own my hand-me-down spot to him from last week on one of those satin UFs, he immediately contacted Jo when the venerable NinJo had forgotten to add the extra $150 for the satin finish and paid it to make CPK whole. In my book, this Bob B (yup a second one!) is also one of the good guys :)

ETA: good karma paid off for MoparBob as the CPK gawds were clearly looking out for Bob

Hehe looks like I'm second since bigdork dropped out and I'll settle with a UF and get the integral dagger when it gets made :D

Need to decide between aecm, g10, or micarta.

What is better for food prep: g10 or micarta? Micarta seems to soak up more stuff?

Aw, Matty, you're going to make me blush if you keep that up! But maybe karma DID have something to do with it - I've never been the first poster before today?

You deserved it Bob as your previous honesty worked in your favor. I don't believe in much else other than being good as it pays off dividends, sometimes sooner and sometimes later ;) The opposite is also true so the ones who are rotten to the core, their bill will also comes due, sooner or later :thumbsup:

I loooove micarta. Maybe I'll just go that way and be wary of doing food prep. My UF will be used for 75% outdoors and maybe 25% food prep so maybe I'll prioritize grip?

The aecm is calling to me but I worry it'll be a safe queen lol

I loooove micarta. Maybe I'll just go that way and be wary of doing food prep. My UF will be used for 75% outdoors and maybe 25% food prep so maybe I'll prioritize grip?

The aecm is calling to me but I worry it'll be a safe queen lol

Go with buffed micarta then. The one which CPK uses and at the prices which they offer, the basic buffed ones are at great value for your $.

Congrats to everybody that scored today. I really enjoy everyone getting excited about their scores and what they are going to get. It makes me happy to see others happy. Especially the cool cats that hang around CPK:)
Nathan and Jo can't say thank you enough for all that you do:thumbsup:
Cheers

I still can't believe I was the first on a high-demand sale like this one! I think the best I've ever done in previous sales was around 8 or 9. So when the sale ad came up, I quickly scrolled down and hit post, and waited and waited and waited...
When the screen finally refreshed, it showed me as the first poster, but I knew that was BS - The last sale it initially showed me as the first poster, but when I refreshed the screen, I was really #12. So I sat there for a few moments relishing the thought that for a moment,
I was the first poster. Then I finally refreshed the screen, expecting to find myself # 15 or 20. But then it refreshed and still showed me as the first poster. I was sure something was wrong, so I refreshed it a couple more times.
It finally sunk in - I had given up hope of ever acquiring a shiv, given what they are going for on the secondary market. I think that maybe this one deserves one of those Paul Long sheaths?

Awesome!! I'm happy you got the Shiv and it sounds like it is going to a good home. Make sure you post some pictures.

Ed

Seems like after all the excitement and the trampling which occurred at and after 3:00 PM EDT, all the kiddos are still having their nappy-poo. But why did I wake up so soon! OK, time to fudge around with Eric thru phone as he's always around for my whims :)

Back