After Sale Lounge

Truth in that right there. Every time I see someone asking about this knife or that knife out on the forum and someone responds with “Forget about them, you should get a CPK.” I think to myself WTF are you doing, man?!?!

I took a different meaning from David’s post but I agree with you on the paradox which promoting CPK heavily may create. I’m sure that FK-AMZN knives will alleviate such pressures.

Yeah because some of those guys could buy them all if they were allowed to.

Nope, there are unwritten anti trust laws in here. Although both Nathan and Jo are pretty easy going and quite cool, they are not naive. They know who the potential flippers are plus this place being a tightly knit community, some of us have long memories and put those who tend to abuse the trust on our shit list.

Nope, there are unwritten anti trust laws in here. Although both Nathan and Jo are pretty easy going and quite cool, they are not naive. They know who the potential flippers are plus this place being a tightly knit community, some of us have long memories and put those who tend to abuse the trust on our shit list.

I meant that some of them are wealthy enough to be able to buy them all if they were allowed to buy them all.

I meant that some of them are wealthy enough to be able to buy them all if they were allowed to buy them all.

i understood the gist of your post and I have nothing against those who whether through sheer hard work, astute life decisions, dedication and discipline or just pure dumb luck accumulated wealth. What I was referring to was something else:

Some people scored 2 in totally legit ways. Nathan never prohibited anyone from owning more than one as long as they did not want 2 in the same sale in the same claim post: Some people scored an extra one by those heads up plays when Nathan sneaked one in every Friday Sale offering the left overs from the Blade Show 2020 (CPK didn’t attend). All of those were fair and square. I’m talking about those who scored by both playing and also by asking for proxy too. With 65 in total and many many more left out looking in, that sorta play wasn’t cool.

I may be an opinionated ass but I also know that there are some hard feelings by those who missed out at the expense of the very few who chose to hoard. None of this would’ve mattered in preorders. Preorders mean the more the better for CPK and CPK’ers.

i understood the gist of your post and I have nothing against those who whether through sheer hard work, astute life decisions, dedication and discipline or just pure dumb luck accumulated wealth. What I was referring to was something else:

Some people scored 2 in totally legit ways. Nathan never prohibited anyone from owning more than one as long as they did not want 2 in the same sale in the same claim post: Some people scored an extra one by those heads up plays when Nathan sneaked one in every Friday Sale offering the left overs from the Blade Show 2020 (CPK didn’t attend). All of those were fair and square. I’m talking about those who scored by both playing and also by asking for proxy too. With 65 in total and many many more left out looking in, that sorta play wasn’t cool.

I may be an opinionated ass but I also know that there are some hard feelings by those who missed out at the expense of the very few who chose to hoard. None of this would’ve mattered in preorders. Preorders mean the more the better for CPK and CPK’ers.

Yeah, I was one of those that missed out. I also like the preorders so that everyone can have one or more. Sure, we have to wait for them but that is better than not getting one.

I will not be able to hang out to watch the sale today, but I am wondering how things will go with the new, "upgraded" forum platform.... Lag time seems to be comparable to the software used at the department of motor vehicles.

I don’t think that this newer and arguably improved BF.com should have a significant effect on today’s sale other than the less familiar landscape for the keyboard ninjas. 15 DEK1s in today’s sale, right? As with any CPK sale it should still be brisk enough to make some peers envious but unless Nathan throws in a last minute surprise in there (highly unlikely) those who missed out or waited out the DEK1 preorder ought to be able to score one.

As always, I reserve the right to be completely wrong and sh*t post as a complete jerk :)

Some participants in today's Friday sale have not paid attention to what Nathan had actually said was available. Poor Jo's gonna have her work cut out for her (was gonna choose an emoji here but the selection was just too overwhelming!) I am not necessarily dinging ODogMatt because dreaming big and positively is a beautiful thing!

Back