age? and at what age did you.......

32 and I got my first knife when I was about 5 or 6.

In middle school I moved from the sticks to the "big city" and other kids mothers hated that I carried a Sharp lockback in a belt sheath when I was out playing.

I am 31 years old. I got into knives at the age of 23. I received a Benchmade/Emerson CQC7 when I graduated the police academy and it's been downhill ever since. I began trying my hand at making knives a couple of years ago. Will this madness never end?

48. Had a few knives growing up, but didn't really become interested until about 1995 when I got a Schrade multi-tool. In 2000 I came here and knives started coming out of the woodwork :D

i'm 24 years old, and i became interested in knives when i was 11 or so. my stepdad gave me a Schrade Old Timer, and, like an arse, i broke off the tip within a month. i still have it somewhere. knives have always been very "cool" to me, but i put alot of stuff aside when i got into music (making, that is).

i got thrust head-long back into knives, when i needed one for work early this year. i've averaged about 1.5 (?) knives a month since then, and it doesn't look as if it's ever going to stop!

abe m.

I am 57. My grandad gave me a boy scout knife and a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun for my 6th birthday in 1952.

I haven't been without guns and knives since then.

44 and I hitch-hiked to town and bought my first real knife myself when I was 14. I still have it. It's an upswept hunter with a false stag handle. Funny thing, my latest love is a TOPS Moccasin Ranger that looks a lot like it.

I'm 14. My first REAL knife was a Victorinox Explorer which I got as a birthday gift when I was 11 after making it obvious to my relatives that I wanted a SAK. I've been interested since kindergarten, but unfortunately I couldn't get any until I was older :(

I'm 56..., and got a little Bowie for my 5th B-Day. Still have it.. :) I didn't start collecting any sort of knife seriously until I was about 22 and out of the service....

19, and my first was a 5th bday gift from my grandfather... still have it.

Over the years I've lost 1, and placed 1 overhand into bush(first and only gerber).

Current kick is spyderco. aug 99 bought an frn/pe delica and that kicked me up from 40cdn/knife to 100+cdn/knife... 24 later...

NeeddleRemorse,
Look at it this way, you have while to collect! As politically incorrect it is to be interested in knives/collecting etc. Its hard for many parents to "go against" the current grain (the way things are). I grew up with guns/knives outdoors, etc it was a much different time and Im sure many who are older than myself can test to that. My first knife was my Grandfathers two bladed jack knife when I was 4 years old. My Grandmother gave it to me the day of his funeral. The only thing my mother said was "dont cut yourself". Unfortunatley I lost it three days later while in her back yard.

I'm 21 and have been into knives since I can remember (3 or 4?) My father taped up the handles on a finnish balisong for me to play with, as well as dulling and removing the point from another butterfly knife for me to amuse myself. I was not allowed to remove the tape until I turned 10. Every day since then I have carried a knife everywhere, with the exception of school and courthouses or jails.:)

I'm 39. Got interrested in knives when my grandfather gave me an old, worn down "Loewenmesser" folder when I was around 6 or 7. Wish I still had it!:(
Been hooked more or less ever since!

48, and my first knife that I remember was a handmedown Girl Scout knife from my sister when I joined the Cub Scouts. Boy, was I pissed and embarressed. Wish I had it now. Bought my first Buck 119 Special with lawn mowing money in '67. My oldest knife that I still have is a Buck 110 from '74.

I´m 28 and i got my first knife when I was 10 years old. (My father gave it to me, for a good grade at school), but I didn´t get really hooked until I bought my first balisong knife at sixteen, and got taught by a friend how to use it.

Im 34 now and only started collecting when I was 29. I really enjoy this hobby and my sons, 7,5,3, already have a good start with the knives I will give them as they grow.

be safe,
Mike

I'm 22, my love for knives started when a friend of mine showed me a spyderco worker when I was about 13. Then about a year later I bought my first Spyderco, a Police model.

Chris

Back