• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ahan Hanantya is a real crook

Hello Gene,

I only came across this forum by searching for this guy. I'm very sorry to hear what has happened to you. I have also received a chargeback today - for an even bigger amount unfortunately. I was very cautious at time of order, however everything 'seemed okay' on payment acceptance side.
This horrible crook ordered from me also using an American card, also to be shipped to Hong Kong. When I'd emailed him regarding shipping, he even had the nerve to thank for the exceptional service etc!!!

Absolutely devastating how this can happen to genuine people and businesses.....

This is how the guy creeps under the radar and doesn't set off any real alarms or warning flags. It looks like a straight up sale, he's polite and doesn't look at all like a scammer. I'm sorry you got burned, too. Yeah, it can be devastating. In 2003 I learned the hard way for close to $1800. That's why I was watchful on this guy.

The card company gets their charge back fee, so they could care less. They are way less than helpful. What's scary is that he has the CCV numbers for the cards.

I've had cards declined for mistyping a zip code or CCV, yet this one sails right through. I dunno.

I really am sorry.

Gene

ONLY accept payment as a bank wire transfer to your US bank account from countries like Indonesia. There is no risk for the seller. None. Either you have the money in your bank account and can ship the goods, or you don't and keep the goods. Serious buyers understand this and will transfer the money to you. The ones who start bitching ... warning sign!! Walk away.

Back