Albers Cutlery Company

I remember thinking, "When Eric starts charging $300 sales will slow down enough that one might have two, maybe even three, minutes to get in there and grab one."
view

Silly me :)
Good looking knives :thumbsup:

View attachment 2542818

If any of you who were able to get a Springbok decide that you would rather sell it, please message me. I have a relationship with South Africa, and a soft spot for the culture. I really wanted one of these. (And of course I know that we all really wanted one, not just me.)

For some reason, I have no shot whatsoever at Eric’s drops. I can compete occasionally on other drops, but not Eric’s. I am not even able to see them for an instant before they are gone. I cannot understand why. My internet connection is not bad. I spoke with a GEC dealer the other day who confirmed that bots access her site. She can tell by the insanely rapid rate of refreshing the page that bots are operating. Things really have deteriorated in the world of knife collecting.

Last edited:
View attachment 2542818

If any of you who were able to get a Springbok decide that you would rather sell it, please message me. I have a relationship with South Africa, and a soft spot for the culture. I really wanted one of these.

For some reason, I have no shot whatsoever at Eric’s drops. I can compete occasionally on other drops, but not Eric’s. I am not even able to see them for an instant before they are gone. I cannot understand why. My internet connection is not bad. I spoke with a GEC dealer the other day who confirmed that bots access her site. She can tell by the insanely rapid rate of refreshing the page that bots are operating. Things really have deteriorated in the world of knife collecting.
LT welcome to the club. If push comes to shove you might want to consider having Willhem make you one. A bit more pricey but imho better quality and he’ll make it to your specifications. But I do hope you find one at a reasonable price.

Those Blackwood looked beautiful as well, I actually tried for one of those.
I’m whining about missing out but we all know I’ll try again next time …
Congrats to those who scored one!

Shot for the Springbok but this time wasn't mine to have. Congrats to all who scored!

Can someone please tell me how you’re ever getting one of these knives straight from the maker?
I literally completed the checkout process at 8:01 and they were all sold out.
That’s the third time that’s happened.
Pretty sure I’m done trying.

I'll say that my process for the time I got one and the times I haven't were identical. There's a great deal of entropy in these. It helps to remember everyone else wants it as badly as you do and is trying as hard.

I haven't even tried to get in once the doors open knowing the mayhem involved, but the Springbok looked stunning.
One day one will come up, I don't mind paying a little extra on the 2nd hand market- it's just the way life is, you do or you don't :)
Good on you to all who managed to grab one and I look forward to the proud posts coming up showing them off and rightly so!

I was at work so I didn’t even try but I’m just getting around to looking at those photos from today’s drop and they look stunning. Nice work Eric!

Back