All New MountainManDu Coming Wednesday 12-13-17. . . Specs, Pics, & Pricing!!!

It’s good he didn’t get in on the whisky warden! Maybe I should! After I finish my beer!

Sometimes busse blades come out too soon, other times they linger.. who said “absence makes the heart grow fonder”?

keep this under your hats fellow hogs, but imnot really boozing when i say im drinking, most of the time its coffee, yes, unleaded coffee to boot, YEEE-HAWWW, LET'S DRINK!!!

Wow... That whole thing was interesting. Hmmm. We all hate waiting. If you don't want to wait, don't buy.

Knives and Coffee. INFI and Hogs. Blades and Dogs. All good stuff.

Now where's my damn MMD?!

The Busse website clearly states:

"Each Busse knife is made per order. Production time will be approx 6-32 weeks from the day the order was placed."

I'm learning patience and the wait has ALWAYS been worth it, to me, so far anyway.

I think people got used to Ganzaas and being able to get knives a few weeks after a Ganzaa run.

For the record, I am a recovering alcoholic, and I have no problem with any of the drinking verbal antics on here. It is just words on a page on a board.

The way I came up through sobriety and into recovery, there is a very important concept - that if you cannot be around others who drink, without having the obsessive craving, then you have not truly reached a certain level of recovery, you still hold onto the obsession of the mind, and that obsession may lead you to drink. Those folks may want to stay off the boards if it is a trigger.

Also - on the death of that guy's bud, it is a tragedy. There are a very limited set of paths an alcoholic can take - continue to feed the disease and die in one form or another, go to prison (and maybe die there), or ask God for help and get into detox and recovery. Ultimately, the person chooses which path to take, and some people choose death or prison. It took me staring those 2 realities in the face, along with a wife that needed me to be there for her, mind, body and faithful spirit to see her through her battle with cancer. I was locked up 3.5 months into her battle, staring a long sentence down, and everything came crashing down. I could have easily kept drinking, although I said uncle to alcohol and 21 years of heavy everything, asked God for help, and things have gone pretty good since. I hang around buddies that still drink (often heavily), I go to LSU and Saints games, I live in South Louisiana ('nuff said), etc...I am (today free from the obsession and craving for alcohol. It does not exist (today). I am comfortable in any environment and have the smarts when my radar goes up (mostly about potential unsafe situations in NOLA, the little I hang out there at night). If people are carrying on, and I am tired, I just go to bed.

I am the alcoholic, not everybody else (except other alcoholics) and I have to learn to fit into normal society without alcohol. My bottom was so deep and sudden, it was pretty easy to ask for a shovel and a fellow shovel-er to help dig me out.

Point is out of all that, the outdoors men, gun guys, knife guys and gals are often drinkers, and often not. Post away to all! I have lost my privilege to drink (actually, I have purposefully taken it away from myself, because I am not a normal person when it comes to drinking)...I have drunk all of those beautiful bottles of bourbon that get posted many, many, many times over. I have no regrets, and times were not all bad, although when you add it all up (and God kicks you that hard with his steel toe Smoke Jumper), it was obvious what I needed to do..

Sounds like the guy who got banned has a lot of pent up anger issues, and he needs to go chop and cut things that don't need to be chopped or cut with his MBB's. I have some of their stuff, and it is great, I am just always drawn to Busse.

Anyways, I drink a shit load of coffee too!

Drink up!

Cam

For the record, I am a recovering alcoholic, and I have no problem with any of the drinking verbal antics on here. It is just words on a page on a board.

The way I came up through sobriety and into recovery, there is a very important concept - that if you cannot be around others who drink, without having the obsessive craving, then you have not truly reached a certain level of recovery, you still hold onto the obsession of the mind, and that obsession may lead you to drink. Those folks may want to stay off the boards if it is a trigger.

Also - on the death of that guy's bud, it is a tragedy. There are a very limited set of paths an alcoholic can take - continue to feed the disease and die in one form or another, go to prison (and maybe die there), or ask God for help and get into detox and recovery. Ultimately, the person chooses which path to take, and some people choose death or prison. It took me staring those 2 realities in the face, along with a wife that needed me to be there for her, mind, body and faithful spirit to see her through her battle with cancer. I was locked up 3.5 months into her battle, staring a long sentence down, and everything came crashing down. I could have easily kept drinking, although I said uncle to alcohol and 21 years of heavy everything, asked God for help, and things have gone pretty good since. I hang around buddies that still drink (often heavily), I go to LSU and Saints games, I live in South Louisiana ('nuff said), etc...I am (today free from the obsession and craving for alcohol. It does not exist (today). I am comfortable in any environment and have the smarts when my radar goes up (mostly about potential unsafe situations in NOLA, the little I hang out there at night). If people are carrying on, and I am tired, I just go to bed.

I am the alcoholic, not everybody else (except other alcoholics) and I have to learn to fit into normal society without alcohol. My bottom was so deep and sudden, it was pretty easy to ask for a shovel and a fellow shovel-er to help dig me out.

Point is out of all that, the outdoors men, gun guys, knife guys and gals are often drinkers, and often not. Post away to all! I have lost my privilege to drink (actually, I have purposefully taken it away from myself, because I am not a normal person when it comes to drinking)...I have drunk all of those beautiful bottles of bourbon that get posted many, many, many times over. I have no regrets, and times were not all bad, although when you add it all up (and God kicks you that hard with his steel toe Smoke Jumper), it was obvious what I needed to do..

Sounds like the guy who got banned has a lot of pent up anger issues, and he needs to go chop and cut things that don't need to be chopped or cut with his MBB's. I have some of their stuff, and it is great, I am just always drawn to Busse.

Drink up!

Cam

Cam,

Thanks for sharing and great work getting to where you are today.

Ty

Cam,

Thanks for sharing and great work getting to where you are today.

Ty

I am pretty much an open book, and I wrote that because the guy was throwing out a lot of weird stuff about posting about alcohol...

I hope he can resolve what seems to be some pretty heavy resentments against something/somebody/some circumstance (maybe the loss of his buddy). I can only pray, which is quite a bit actually.

C

I am pretty much an open book, and I wrote that because the guy was throwing out a lot of weird stuff about posting about alcohol...

I hope he can resolve what seems to be some pretty heavy resentments against something/somebody/some circumstance (maybe the loss of his buddy). I can only pray, which is quite a bit actually.

C

Very good stuff Cam, I hope the banned guy reads what you posted, it would serve him well to learn from your experience. We've all been there, we've all been mad and blamed others for what ultimately turn out to be our own faults, flaws and demons.

Okay - back on track with the knives!

One comment - I have no info on shipping, I got a pair of INFI BIGs and they came in a hail storm of Busse blades (I think I have no more coming unless I made the wait list for the Mentor). The BIG is so nice, I cannot even imagine how nice a true satin INFI MMD would be.

Has anyone received a Satin Infi MountainManDu yet?
Other versions shipped months ago, but so far there hasn't even been a Satin INFI ding reported.
(Just trying to clean up the OP2WP2 Shipping Info thread.)

Drink up!

Cam

Thanks for sharing, C! Glad to hear that you overcame those struggles and that you are now in a better place with it. Part of me would like to say more about it, but the conversation is moving on and I must admit that I am not as forthcoming as you are, my friend. Anyway, good on ya for an excellent testimonial.

The 9 months wait thing... I think it’s kind of laughable that someone gets so upset about it. These things are all relative. There are lots of worse situations in the world of high end knife buying than putting down a dollar and waiting 9 months for a Busse.

Eagerly looking forward to impressions of the new INFI model MMDs. An intriguing offering that I didn’t get in on...

If fulfillment after ding gets too long to bear...I retain my liberty to opt out and move along to the next model or next maker.

I've done it with a couple fellas here on BF.

Everyone else has the same option, so I don't understand all the chirping? o_O

I realize I'm not even a blip of a blip on their radar screens but that's the way I like it. :) I personally do not want the demise of anyone's cutlery dynasty resting solely on my shoulders. :rolleyes:

I've got enough INFI to last 17 lifetimes-- BTW that's more a function of how durable INFI is, not humblebrag of how much I own :oops: ... no worry.

No Regrets .PERIOD.

Back