All New MountainManDu Coming Wednesday 12-13-17. . . Specs, Pics, & Pricing!!!

Does anyone have any reviews on the infi MMD? How does it compare to the regular big choppers (FBM, NMFSH, NMFBM, etc). I scored one and it feels extremely nimble for its size. Just not sure if I should replace it or let a different model go to make room for her. I was kicking myself for letting an older MMD go a few months back.

Does anyone have any reviews on the infi MMD? How does it compare to the regular big choppers (FBM, NMFSH, NMFBM, etc). I scored one and it feels extremely nimble for its size. Just not sure if I should replace it or let a different model go to make room for her. I was kicking myself for letting an older MMD go a few months back.

I received mine and did not have the older version to compare to. I picked up an older one recently. There is a big difference in the two, weight wise. I like the feel of both in the hand. The older version feels more the typical chopper while the new one seems much more rear balanced. But I have not tested either. The new version might make a great kitchen knife. Very thin grind.

i have a MM in sr77 and a cgfbm. if i had on a blindfold i would say the MM was a tad more comfortable in the hand.

I've got two of the new model. Big satin and satin. I've been using the big satin, but I re-ground and polished the edge to my preferred convex profile and sanded the big finish to near satin. The 17 ounce MMD is a practical chopper good for camping where you have a folding saw like a Silky Big Boy for processing big wood, and a smaller knife for food processing and carving. Use it for gathering and processing smaller firewood, splitting wood with a baton, removing limbs from dead fall etc.

You can swing it to high velocity and it hits/cuts with authority.

It chops better than its 1 pound 1 ounce weight would suggest. I compare it to my 8.5" 23 ounce blades. I don't want to carry a 1.5 pound chopper, but it really depends on what you need and if you want to carry the heavier blades.

I really like the MMD because it fits my needs, but its pretty hard to know if it will work for someone else.

Last edited:
Great chopper. well balanced and feels light and fast in the hand. This is the SR77 version.
Would like to try out the INFI version.

1j9RbfK.jpg

0p6qadx.jpg

SGbRRos.jpg

Back