All New MountainManDu Coming Wednesday 12-13-17. . . Specs, Pics, & Pricing!!!

Is that the tan canvas in the picture? Looks darker brown and less orange than what I have.

image.jpg
Can someone please comment on the handle? How might it fit with a medium to large glove size hand? I have many smaller Busse blades on order but have been waiting for a chopper with infi.

I thought I might pass till I saw satin infi was an option.

Thanks,
Justin

These are xl-2xl mits with the original.

I see satin is +150 on the infi, so, can anyone tell me which coating is the glossiest/most cera-type finish? My favorite was the moss green, which isn’t offered anymore

Swamp Rat blades use to have a differential heat treatment (DHT). I believe that the last to do so were the M6 and M9 therefore the MMD was introduced after (post) The Swamp stopped using a DHT.

How is the rust resistance on the BIG SR-77? I like the thought of a big chopper but no coating however not at the cost of rust resistance.

Swamp Rat blades use to have a differential heat treatment (DHT). I believe that the last to do so were the M6 and M9 therefore the MMD was introduced after (post) The Swamp stopped using a DHT.

SR101 was the diff HT steel. SR77 never had diff HT. Not sure why they went away from diff HT on SR101.

I assume we are talking quality satin job here at that price. I would love to see a picture.

I just checked the specs on the 2015 release of the MMD (both KC and The Swamp) and no mention of DHT - just to make sure I am not talking out of my arse again... ;)

SR101 was the diff HT steel. SR77 never had diff HT. Not sure why they went away from diff HT on SR101.
.....copy that. All I read on the dropping of the DHT was that it didn't offer significant performance improvements over the through treated blades (cost v performance etc).

Gotcha! Verbal comprehension not e

I assume we are talking quality satin job here at that price. I would love to see a picture.

could that be a typo? I was wondering at first, at that additional cost (or cost-savings, looked at the other way) I’m trying to decide on a coating

Well, I know that 52100 steel was differentially HT'd to get toughness and edge holding. But SR77 does not need any help in the toughness department. There isn't much if anything that is tougher than SR77,

How is the rust resistance on the BIG SR-77? I like the thought of a big chopper but no coating however not at the cost of rust resistance.

SR-77 should rust much less quickly than SR101, and pit much less if at all

That’s great Yonose, thanks for the pic.
How do you like the original and do you have any other large Busse blades to compare or comment on? It seems the be similar size to the Battle Mistress.

Just the CG BB13. No integral guard either, which limits use to gloved hands or dulling the edge of the choil. Can’t compare it to the BM as I don’t own one, but this MMD is flat ground and a bit thinner, so not exactly the same. The original, at .28 thick and Sabre grind makes it pretty heavy for swinging, But for chopping, and batoning I don’t think sr-77 can be broke

SR-77 should rust much less quickly than SR101, and pit much less if at all

Just the CG BB13. No integral guard either, which limits use to gloved hands or dulling the edge of the choil. Can’t compare it to the BM as I don’t own one, but this MMD is flat ground and a bit thinner, so not exactly the same.

Great, thanks again

I see satin is +150 on the infi, so, can anyone tell me which coating is the glossiest/most cera-type finish? My favorite was the moss green, which isn’t offered anymore

Stolen from TheTexican but I think the newer color green "forest" is pretty badass. way better than moss or jungle green imo.

Ts3Rd42.jpg

Back