• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

All New Stainless Steel file guides

Just sent Krista an Email to put down for one... I've needed a better one so many time have lost track
Good investment

Wise investment Robert. This will make plunge cuts, guard shoulders and framed handles a dream.
Thanks Man!

These have carbide inserts for plunge cuts? I will order one as well at tax time. Sounds like a quality tool
Yes they have 3" long carbides epoxied into a milled out pocket. They are great for plunge cuts and guard shoulders. I use mine for frame handles too. You should contact Krista and Benton and at least reserve one.

Last edited:
Yes they have 3" long carbides epoxied into a milled out pocket. They are great for plunge cuts and guard shoulders. I use mine for frame handles too. You should contact Krista and at least reserve one.

Krista contacted. Come on tax check!

Hi Butch, Glad it made it. Thanks a million

Harding, The time is getting close. We have a batch from the machine shop coming any day now.

Hi Butch, Glad it made it. Thanks a million

Harding, The time is getting close. We have a batch from the machine shop coming any day now.

Awesome Bruce, I have a big damascus bowie waiting on it and cant wait to try it out.
Chad Harding

Paypal sent! Looking forward to seeing it!

I'm pretty sure this is the file guide, HERE
Yes that is what they look like although the newest ones are longer. They also have a milled pocket for the carbide.

Good news!
Today we got the first dozen file guides from the machine shop and man they look good. Benton will get them finished up over the weekend and I promise to post a picture of the new Extended Length all Stainless Steel File Guide.
Next week we will have the standard length guides ready for sale.

Last edited:
Woo hoo!!!! You guys know where to send two of them. :D

Here is a couple shots of the new "extended length" stainless file guides.

Swatandfileguides004_zps59bac63f.jpg

Swatandfileguides007_zpse29f8e79.jpg

When will the two inch be shipping?

Using mine this week... so far it has exceeded my expectations

Glad you like it Robert. It makes some fine plunge lines doesn't it? Be sure to try it on a framed tang, it loves those too.

Back