Allright Becker boys...time to put up...

Put it up there brother.. as long as I can throw up a [ic of my rc-6 on the ESEE forum LOL..
seriously thought Not starting a brand war.. I was just drawing attention to the fact that folks on the ESEE boards do allot in terms of using there knives for what they where meant for.... Just hoping that aspect becomes infectious.

Put it up there brother.. as long as I can throw up a [ic of my rc-6 on the ESEE forum LOL..
seriously thought Not starting a brand war.. I was just drawing attention to the fact that folks on the ESEE boards do allot in terms of using there knives for what they where meant for.... Just hoping that aspect becomes infectious.

I know that w/o a doubt bro, we are all having fun in the Great outdoors !!! :D

Both John and Tony bring up some good points, and I'd like to comment, too.

There's a lot of crossover between the Becker and ESEE brands. A lot of the people who have Becker knives have ESEEE knives, too, and vice versa, not to mention the collaboration between the two on the BK-14 (and who knows what else in the future). I don't see any "brand war" between the two at all. A friendly rivalry, perhaps, but no "brand war." Personally, I consider these to be the two best lines of production knives on the planet, but that's just me. If I weren't such a devoted Becker fan, I'd be even more into ESEE knives than I am.

John (RescueRiley) brings up a good point though, about the folks on the ESEE forum showing a lot more posts with their knives being used than we do here in the Becker forum. That's too bad, since I know that Becker owners love and use their knives just as much as anyone else. Maybe we need to post more "in use" shots than we do. TTD says "we are all having fun in the Great outdoors," and that's true: so let's post the pics. Let's share, and have some fun!

We have a really great — and growing — community here, and I need to get busy to help move it along. In the next little while, if I don't get swamped with other stuff, I'll finish off the Becker identity stuff I started awhile back.

In the meantime, though, let's have some fun, and show your Beckers!

back in the Day I had a RAT3 & BK9 and that was all I need other than a SAK to go exploring and piddling in the woods and I have grown to love both Brands.
I try to push the ESEE Crowd to use the knives b/c as the same with Beckers the were built to be used not stored & hidden away. I'm down to only owning a BK1 and knowing how hard they are to find,I will not store this one...She is a user.... Pics of her soon :D

back in the Day I had a RAT3 & BK9 and that was all I need other than a SAK to go exploring and piddling in the woods and I have grown to love both Brands.
I try to push the ESEE Crowd to use the knives b/c as the same with Beckers the were built to be used not stored & hidden away. I'm down to only owning a BK1 and knowing how hard they are to find,I will not store this one...She is a user.... Pics of her soon :D

We'd love to see pictures of the old Brute doing what she does best: post away!

Anyone ever notice dispite the claims of "I use my ESEE for what it was ment for", most of the pics look like they dont have a scratch on them. If they do it looks like they split a piece of wood for show and tell and put it back on the shelf/safe. Again Im just saying "alot" of those pics seem that way and its not just ESEE its most knives in general. Below however is my "Dirty Girl", I bought her when she was fresh meat on the market. Shes been to Iraq, Afganistan, California, Michigan, Tennessee and now calls North Carolina home. Best damn knife I'vever had. Thanks Ethan! Lota guys in the sand rip on me for havin such a huge knife so my next trip to the Afgan-stand Im thinkin on gettin a BK2......I dont know though. This BK7 and me kinda have a thing goin on, I mean Ive slept with her like.....Whoa!:D

BK7-1.jpg

That there is a well loved blade brother......Bk-7 is a hell of a knife... love mine...
I love a clip point on a big knife.

here's a few old ones:

008_020.jpg

yeah, i gotta protect my sissy, programmer hands from blisters :eek:
008_021.jpg

005_006.jpg

005_011.jpg

005_008.jpg

rescueriley said this was iron wood and there are tons of them in that area. no wonder it took me a good, solid 20 minutes just to split it to that point. i batoned it through that knot as well. the becker knives definitely earned my respect that day.
005_007.jpg

John (RescueRiley) brings up a good point though, about the folks on the ESEE forum showing a lot more posts with their knives being used than we do here in the Becker forum.

well, it definitely helps to have responsive "higher ups" that keep us informed even if it's just to say that things are delayed instead of complete silence. it helps keep members feel welcomed and appreciated even though we're just a tiny blip, if we register at all, in the profit radar. i like to think of myself as a straight shooter. i like to tell it the way i see it whether it be knife advice or whatnot so this post is more of a suggestion for improvement than a bash. well, i hope the higher ups see it that way.

i regularly go on hikes and use my knives everytime i go and have taken lots of pics. the blade show fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth to the point where i don't even want to hike with my beckers anymore. it's obvious i'm still annoyed so i really should stick to the w&ss & esee forums and stay away from here for awhile to cool off :eek:

well, it definitely helps to have responsive "higher ups" that keep us informed even if it's just to say that things are delayed instead of complete silence. it helps keep members feel welcomed and appreciated even though we're just a tiny blip, if we register at all, in the profit radar. i like to think of myself as a straight shooter. i like to tell it the way i see it whether it be knife advice or whatnot so this post is more of a suggestion for improvement than a bash. well, i hope the higher ups see it that way.

i regularly go on hikes and use my knives everytime i go and have taken lots of pics. the blade show fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth to the point where i don't even want to hike with my beckers anymore. it's obvious i'm still annoyed so i really should stick to the w&ss & esee forums and stay away from here for awhile to cool off :eek:

Good shots of your Beckers in use, JV3. We love to see those.

Generally the "higher ups" keep everyone pretty well informed of what's going on, because we're not just tiny blips on the radar. Ethan has always been very involved and very responsive, and actually cares about this community. At the same time, he's exceedingly busy (hint: Becker knives is not his only interest) and can't always be here as much as we'd like.

In the last little while there really has been a noted lack of information, especially leading up to the Blade show, and yes, that fiasco left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, including mine. It certainly could have been handled differently. On the one hand, we can't expect Becker/KA-BAR to divulge everything just before the biggest show of the year. On the other hand, the deafening silence wasn't the best thing that could have happened, either.

There are things we'd all like to know, of course, and if Ethan or Toooj pop in they will, hopefully, be able to enlighten us — at least to the degree they can.

With any luck, more information will be released soon. In the meantime, don't stop using your Becker knives. They're great blades, as you well know.

I dont know about you guys but I like being kept in the dark a little on whats coming out. I look at it this way, every year there should be somthing new. I will keep checking and eventually.......OMG! LOOK AT THAT NEW KNIFE, MUST HAVE IT!! Its kinda like christmas. Remember how wicked bad christmas was when you were little? What if you could go on line every couple weeks and see what you were getting for christmas????? That wouldnt be quit as exciting now would it.

A glamour shot of my girl
zxaauv.jpg

And my lady, she went down town, she bought some broccoli, she brought it hooome, now she's choppin broccoli, she's choppin broccali, she's choppin broccaleeeee
16lwevp.jpg

osfypv.jpg

Some good ol' VA fatwood for my fat pig
15fpzt1.jpg

Two monsters, one goal - smash some wood
35ia8zt.jpg

Back