• Option 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 2

• Option 3

• Total voters
You forgot two more options:

4) Consider a "Dealer Special" knife, because they are not bound by the limit of five chargeable options. That block would make an awesome handle for a Large Sasquatch, or a Nordic Special with a single hilt as a more practical choice.

5) Sell that beautiful block of California Buckeye Burl to me. :D

Hmmm, and just why not? :confused:

p.s. Can I vote more than once? I'm just sayin'...

Shel, as much as I like the Nordic Specials, I just can't justify paying that much of a premium for one - and still having a fairly long wait.

As to why I won't sell him the wood, well, that should be obvious.

And no, you can't vote twice - but you haven't even voted once yet.

Ya know, as much as you're right, and while I still like ya, I just don't like your choices. Have you considered a Model #6-9 done up as a fighter? I saw one once and it was bad ass...much badder ass than the five option knife shown on page 182 of my book...

It's a free country. You don't have to like my choices. I don't have to like yours either.

I think I've only seen one 6-9 done up that way, and yeah, it's definitely interesting. I'll take it under advisement for a future order.

I take the third option myself; although with this color of wood, I believe brass options would make the knife stand out a bit more. Then again, the nickel adds a sort of "distinguished" look to the compliment the fine wood. I especially like the non-rounded buttcap since your not planning on using it anyways.

---DW---

given the limited options that a tough choice. I can see that wood bringing out the character of either of them. Then you went and threw the steel into option 2 and 3, and limited the features along with that. did you make it this hard on purpose?

IMO I am going to say #1, but if i could seperate my personal taste from the equation, i would say #2, because that large chunk of wood, would suite a large blade nicely, the finger grove would lend nicely i think to the pattern of the wood, and add much more character, not to mention a nice hold on a large blade, but since its not a user, any of the two would be nice, and who is it for, will they care for it, maybe SS would suit them better. Despite the fact that wood would add character to just about anything you put it on.

Eye candy:

rmk-large-sasquatch-514-3.jpg

Actually, no. But I've got three more weeks until I can place my next order anyhow, so it's not a rush.

More eye candy:

rmk-large-sasquatch-362-1.jpg

rmk-large-sasquatch-572-1.jpg

Just FYI, the 2010 base price for a Large Sasquatch is $635.

Maybe next year. I've got the Hangases working on a custom Ruana for me right now. That's going to be my big splurge for this year.

Nice! Which Ruana model?

I have been considering their CB CK (Custom Brass Camp Knife).

Nothing that's in the catalog. I'll try to post up a pic once I receive it later this year.

Alright, the decision has been made. And the envelope, please . . .

Option #3. Not only did it get the most votes, but Scott and Perry voted for it too, and I respect their opinions a great deal.

And if y'all are around in five years, you'll get to see how it turned out.

Back