Alternative to KERSHAW LEEK ?

Hi all,

First, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all who offered their suggestions/recommendations/opinions regarding my question/thread.
Please note, that I have taken "note" of each and every suggestion/recommendation (listed above by the good members of Blade Forums) for future possible purchase(s). A nice running list of Knife suggestions that I have no doubt will be useful to (not only myself) but to other members who happen to visit this thread.
OK, that being said, I made my decision! I have ordered the following (on SALE) Knife. I think I choose wisely (especially) considering the "sale" price.

178720138_4227459693932499_8234950996705010552_n.png

178446508_528034168223322_1453160399745139416_n.png

179030286_133256858818388_2979214271751270477_n.png

I don't think I could of done better (for my needs) at fifty dollars.

Thanks again all.

HARDBALL

Nice!! I picked up one of those at the beginning of the year!! Its a looker for sure!!!
John

Im glad to see you chose a leek! Great color combo too!
The great thing is there have been tons of different variations over the years.
Framelocks, liner locks, aluminum handles, steel, titanium, carbon fiber, regular blade shape and random (my personal favorite) Satin finish, blackwash, stonewash, bead blast, and Black dlc. Oh, and colors tons of colors!

If you see two you like you can even "franken" them together to make your ultimate combo!

As a second to the leek, the kershaw Launch 11 is a great auto around the same size super light weight and a great price for an USA made model as is the leek as im sure you already know.

Enjoy your knife!

Best,

Justin

Last edited:
If you like the Leek, definitely get a carbon fiber one, or the new (well, it's an old design, but this is a re-issue) Random Leek. These have a flat grind rather than the hollow grind, making them a bit more robust.

The knife that kicked my Frankenleek (GITD carbon fiber handles, Random Leek blade) out of my pocket for the last few months is a Kershaw Launch 11. Similar blade profile but with a bit more belly and somewhat more stout of a grind, fires like a rocket, and carries well.
Frankenleek
If you like the Leek, definitely get a carbon fiber one, or the new (well, it's an old design, but this is a re-issue) Random Leek. These have a flat grind rather than the hollow grind, making them a bit more robust.

The knife that kicked my Frankenleek (GITD carbon fiber handles, Random Leek blade) out of my pocket for the last few months is a Kershaw Launch 11. Similar blade profile but with a bit more belly and somewhat more stout of a grind, fires like a rocket, and carries well.
Thanks for the blade info. I ordered a Random and now you got me thinking.
I might introduce Random to my DEB.

Back