AMTAC Northman

I swear if I keep seeing things like this I'm just gonna start plasti-dipping the tangs of sandblasted triangular pieces of metal and slapping $500 price tags on them, call them Klingon Robo-Shanks XL, and quit being poor.

And the hot air still blows ... troll away

Alright, convince me my impressions are wrong. I'm being serious, not attacking. Instead of us trading snarky comments, let's have a civil discussion that someone might learn from or help them make the right decision for them.

1. Convince me that it's a good idea to use a personal protection knife for routine cutting tasks, let alone shaving wood. The overwhelming majority of these blades are going to be used to whittle sticks and break down the family's milk container for the recycle bin. The odds are not one of them will ever be employed in a genuine personal defense situation. But, if the unthinkable were to happen to someone, shouldn't that tool have the sharpest most unmolested edge possible? Regardless of the chosen knife.

2. Convince me that this knife is four hundred plus dollars better than a Mora for all the things it is professed to be good for. Sure, a Mora isn't the ideal personal protection design but it isn't terrible either.

3. Convince me that tiny length of very odd looking serrations is good for rope.

4. Convince me that carrying the knife as an EDC is comfortable and discreet.

5. Convince me that knife isn't made in China.

6. Convince me that it is worth it for me to let go of four hundred and fifty dollars to get that tool.

The maker/seller is supposed to convince me as a buyer that I need a product and I need it at the asking price. That website falls far short of that so maybe there's a lot me, and others, just don't yet understand. Pictures of a dude shoving a training gun into a willing student's face don't sell me an expensive knife. And bumbling idiots on Survivor can start fires.

Last edited:

Alright, convince me my impressions are wrong. I'm being serious, not attacking. Instead of us trading snarky comments, let's have a civil discussion that someone might learn from or help them make the right decision for them.

1. Convince me that it's a good idea to use a personal protection knife for routine cutting tasks, let alone shaving wood. The overwhelming majority of these blades are going to be used to whittle sticks and break down the family's milk container for the recycle bin. The odds are not one of them will ever be employed in a genuine personal defense situation. But, if the unthinkable were to happen to someone, shouldn't that tool have the sharpest most unmolested edge possible? Regardless of the chosen knife.

2. Convince me that this knife is four hundred plus dollars better than a Mora for all the things it is professed to be good for. Sure, a Mora isn't the ideal personal protection design but it isn't terrible either.

3. Convince me that tiny length of very odd looking serrations is good for rope.

4. Convince me that carrying the knife as an EDC is comfortable and discreet.

6. Convince me that it is worth it for me to let go of four hundred and fifty dollars to get that tool.

The maker/seller is supposed to convince me as a buyer that I need a product and I need it at the asking price. That website falls far short of that so maybe there's a lot me, and others, just don't yet understand. Pictures of a dude shoving a training gun into a willing students face don't sell me an expensive knife. And bumbling idiots on Survivor can start fires.
Using logic and reason here isn't going to work.

This is a point that should not be lost.

I thought, surely some uber patriotic Northern Idaho low drag operator survivalist wouldn't be trying to sell me a tiny $450 knife made in China. I poured over the website and couldn't find a country of manufacture and it isn't listed on the blade. Why is that?

This is a point that should not be lost.

I thought, surely some uber patriotic Northern Idaho low drag operator survivalist wouldn't be trying to sell me a tiny $450 knife made in China. I poured over the website and couldn't find a country of manufacture and it isn't listed on the blade. Why is that?

Because, when I liquidate a hostile foreign country's despotic dictator....... I might have to leave the knife in his still warm corpse.......

I can't, as a dark ops assassin, leave a knife that says "made in USA"..... it has to be sterile...... you know, plausible deniability!!!!

Because, when I liquidate a hostile foreign country's despotic dictator....... I might have to leave the knife in his still warm corpse.......

I can't, as a dark ops assassin, leave a knife that says "made in USA"..... it has to be sterile...... you know, plausible deniability!!!!
So it's for bumming around the compound in Northern Idaho and for when you're on those secret squirrel missions abroad? Seems plausible.

Can I pay up front and get on a preorder list?

I'll start the IndieGoGo today!

...just don't ask to see a video or photos of the knives being made or you're getting blocked and/or ignored. o_O

One of these days I'ma get ahold of a mass spectrometer, and it's gonna break some hearts. :eek::D

So it's for bumming around the compound in Northern Idaho and for when you're on those secret squirrel missions abroad? Seems plausible.

Correct!! I can dig potatoes, and when my country needs me, jump an unmarked spy plane.....drop in over the border of (enter evil country here)... slay a few top evil officials with my 3 inch death dirk, and be back in (Name and Address witheld) by evening...making tinfoil dinners to cook over the back yard campfire....

Correct!! I can dig potatoes, and when my country needs me, jump an unmarked spy plane.....drop in over the border of (enter evil country here)... slay a few top evil officials with my 3 inch death dirk, and be back in (Name and Address witheld) by evening...making tinfoil dinners to cook over the back yard campfire....
Cowboy dinners!

I'll start the IndieGoGo today!

...just don't ask to see a video or photos of the knives being made or you're getting blocked and/or ignored. o_O
Well, if there are no cool videos then I'm out....

fwiw... He also does firearm training courses, and has some standards listed ; )

Bare Mininum
Run 1 mile in 11 minutes.
25 push ups.
3 pull ups.
Walk 3 miles with 30 lbs in 1.5 hours (30 min pace).

Baseline
Run 3 miles in 25 min (8:20 pace).
50 push ups.
10 pull ups.
Walk 6 miles with 40 lbs in 2 hours (20 min pace).

Back