• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad An unfortunately horrible experience with True North Knives

Nice try. That’s not my Twitter account. Actually I haven’t had a twitter account for many years.
Obviously somebody made that up.

Seems to me all you professional professional should be smarter than to go for an obvious scam like that.

I will admit that I didn’t handle the OP well.

But having said that I am watching football right now and I wish you all a good week.

Nice try. That’s not my Twitter account. Actually I haven’t had a twitter account for many years.

Seems to me all you professional professional should be smarter than to go for an obvious scam like that.

But having said that I am watching football right now and I wish you all a good week.
Neil, I can only speak for myself when I say that I didn’t expect some long-drawn-out apology. I only hoped that you would acknowledge your mistake and use it as a learning experience moving forward so that it doesn’t happen again, as I mentioned in my last email to you.

We’re all adults and humans here, and we all make mistakes. The knife community is one that I enjoy and respect a lot, and I would seriously hate for someone else to have an experience like the one I did.

You’ve been part of this community for a very long time, and I think with that comes some form of responsibility to showcase and be a good steward for the positive things that make the knife community so unique.

Enjoy your Sunday football and have a good week/ New Year and do good and lead by example. That’s all I hope for.

-Peter

Neil, I can only speak for myself when I say that I didn’t expect some long-drawn-out apology. I only hoped that you would acknowledge your mistake and use it as a learning experience moving forward so that it doesn’t happen again, as I mentioned in my last email to you.

We’re all adults and humans here, and we all make mistakes. The knife community is one that I enjoy and respect a lot, and I would seriously hate for someone else to have an experience like the one I did.

You’ve been part of this community for a very long time, and I think with that comes some form of responsibility to showcase and be a good steward for the positive things that make the knife community so unique.

Enjoy your Sunday football and have a good week/ New Year and do good and lead by example. That’s all I hope for.

-Peter
I don’t have any questions, but here’s an answer for you.

Here is the person who impersonated my very old truenorthknives Twitter accounts.

I wonder who on this thread it was? Anyway, here’s what he is.
1673817829524.png

The first time I dealt with Neil was 20 years ago, and it was quite apparent then it would also be my last time.

I see nothing has changed.

Think about this for a second Neil.... Do you know how many hundreds of knives I have purchased in the last 20 years????? And a good portion of them MAY have come from you, if you weren't such a dick the very first time we spoke.
What is your real name?

Oh I’m sure someone “made up” that one post from 2 years ago too 🙄

So now I don’t speak to customers nicely who call me on the phone to buy something?

You’re a joke.
I think the “joke” is thinking you can have public meltdowns like you’re having right here and it’s not going to impact your business. Real smart strategy putting your pride before your pay.

So now I don’t speak to customers nicely who call me on the phone to buy something?

You’re a joke.
You’re seriously clueless dude. How dare you speak to people this way. I was really hoping something might’ve clicked from my last reply to you in this thread but it clearly went over your head. Shameful behavior.

You’re a joke.

Uhhhh, no you most certainly did not.

Please don't think for a second that I have been waiting 20 years for a thread about you to appear, just so I could pile on. I haven't given you a moment of thought since the first and only time we spoke.

There is a reason why you never saw thousands of my dollars over the last two decades. This thread simply made me remember why.

The joke is on you, and you alone.

Last edited:

Neil, even if I take what you say at face value and call that Twitter page fake, it doesn’t excuse the way you’ve been carrying on in here. It sure isn’t earning you any new customers. And that’s really the ultimate goal. Frankly, I run into your web page quite often when I’m looking at knives and may consider buying from you at some point but you gotta take this aggressive tone down a notch or two. Do you want to have the last word or more sales? Easy answer for me.

Great game in Buffalo, BTW. Hope you enjoyed it. I sure did.

You’re seriously clueless dude. How dare you speak to people this way. I was really hoping something might’ve clicked from my last reply to you in this thread but it clearly went over your head. Shameful behavior.
This will be my last comment here. So the rest of you can all jump in afterwards and get your last words.

I’m not clueless at all. I’ve been a full-time Knife dealer for 30 years. I’m not perfect. I make mistakes which I’ve already admit it I did to the OP.

From what I see in this whole thread the OP is the only person that has ever had a bought an knife or other item and the rest of you were all gang banging.

I know that some of you “liking” the crap posts about me and I know a lot of you and I can tell you that I’ve bent over backwards gone out of my way to do everything possible to get you guys what you wanted in a timely fashion.

Finally you will be happy to know that my Miami Dolphins lost to the Buffalo Bills.

Have a great week.

I have questions:
Neil states that the return was cancelled because the OP gave bad phone numbers. The OP states that it was cancelled because Neil heard a knife being flicked while they were on the phone (these statements are obviously incongruous).

Based on the brand-new (very stiff) CRK Sebenza 31 I received a week or so ago (purchased on BF) I find it difficult to believe that the OP was flicking his 31. It is simply impossible with my 31.

Neil - did you or did you not suggest that the OP was flicking his new CRK while on the phone? If you spoke on the phone - how did you not have a correct phone number? Would you be willing to listen to me opening and closing several knives so you can identify each of them?

This will be my last comment here. So the rest of you can all jump in afterwards and get your last words.

I’m not clueless at all. I’ve been a full-time Knife dealer for 30 years. I’m not perfect. I make mistakes which I’ve already admit it I did to the OP.

From what I see in this whole thread the OP is the only person that has ever had a bought an knife or other item and the rest of you were all gang banging.

I know that some of you “liking” the crap posts about me and I know a lot of you and I can tell you that I’ve bent over backwards gone out of my way to do everything possible to get you guys what you wanted in a timely fashion.

Finally you will be happy to know that my Miami Dolphins lost to the Buffalo Bills.

Have a great week.

I AM the OP.

I gave you a perfectly good opportunity to just acknowledge my last reply to you in good faith so that we can all move on from this.
Instead you decided to totally ignore what I wrote to you and attack other people and call them a joke. In case you haven’t realized not a single person has spoken as rudely as you just did there in this thread. What makes you think it’s ok to speak to others this way??? You’re just repeating the same mistakes you made with me in the email you sent to me denying me of my return because you heard me flicking a knife in my voicemail!

“Consider yourself informed”?!

I AM the OP.

I gave you a perfectly good opportunity to just acknowledge my last reply to you in good faith so that we can all move on from this.
Instead you decided to totally ignore what I wrote to you and attack other people call them a joke. In case you haven’t realized not a single person has spoken as rudely as you just did there in this thread.
I already admitted, twice I believe, that I acted poorly in our transaction.)

Have a great week.
You call mouthing off to people you hear flipping knives in the background and canceling orders because you don’t like their phone numbers is “bending over backwards” to “get people what they want”? Damn.. I’d hate to see how you act when you don’t try.

Back