And now for the SECOND Spyderco Bladeforums Special Edition Knife...

Ah, don't worry about Vince.

He always carries around that wet blanket. We know ya'll are just wishin'

Danelle

Hey. I'm in favor of those coral micarta calypsos! Put me down for a couple. :)

Seriously, I can hardly wait to see the blue natives. (I guess I'm not at all like Julius Caesar in that respect.
smile.gif
)

BTW, is the clip on the Blue Natives going to be blue too? That would be striking! I guess silver (yeah, steel) is ok too, but I probably wouldn't carry it much with a shiny clip. I'd rather be more discreet, so in that case, I'd probably remove the clip for pocket carry.

------------------
Paul Neubauer
prn@bsu.edu

[This message has been edited by prn (edited 01 April 1999).]

Coral micarta, 440V, flat grind? In a Calypso Jr.? I'll take at least three or four, maybe a half dozen if the price is right.
If you make it, they will come. Call it a "Special Edition", make a limited number, and the faithful will snap them up before the SKU ink dries.

Danelle, steal Vince's blanket and hold it hostage at gunpoint until they make some of these!

------------------
Don LeHue

The first sign of poor craftsmanship is wrinkles in the duct tape.

Oh yes! A Calypso Jr with better blade steel and a different color handle would be fantastic. I can't think of a single thing wrong with that idea. Especially if the possible Zytel model is going to use something better than AUS-8 all you would need to do would be send some different color micarta to the factory in Japan and all of these people would name their first born children Sal!

Any idea how many of the BF special editions are going to be made? I'm kinda new to this forum and just found out about the Native. I'm bummed because after my Calypso Jr. the Native is my second favorite Spyderco.

Now, if there was a BF Native floating around out there somewhere, it COULD become my all-time favorite. (hah, like there's a chance of that)

Ron
Is that thing shar...OW!

Ron - the Bladeforums Native is a 700 piece run with 200 pieces going to Spyderco Collectors and the remaining 500 going to the Bladeforums store to help support the forum. These are not out yet. The 2nd model being made for the Bladeforums store is a short run (500 pieces) of Gray Matriarchs. There is a Tie Clipit in the works, but it is still presenting some problems.
sal

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh Sal, did you let the cat out of the bag. I hadn't read the Matriarch was a reality. I may have missed another post. YES! YES! YES!

Thank you Sal!

Bob Irons, YES! a wealth of information. So now, I'm sitting here with my Visa card melting in my sweaty little hands waiting for a go-ahead! lol

Amazing how a mundane question from a relatively new forumite can uncover so much.

Yessssssss!
wink.gif
I can think of good homes for four Matriarchs myself . . . . One for my daughter who thinks that sort of thing is cool, one for my knife nut rabbi, one for me to prove it's a mundane using knife, and one to keep extra-virgin for posterity! Unless The Wife decides to carry it.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

"I'm so excited...

And I just can't hide it....."

There is a place dusted and ready on my shelf for my gray Matriarch.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes........

At this rate I may just have faith in the order of the universe.....

------------------
Check out the future possible Spyderco Worker 2000 www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000224.html

One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures, look for it right here at BladeForums.com.

Marion David Poff ska Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"A journey of a thousand miles begins but with a single step" Lao-Tzu

Adam (Jackyl)

civgssc.jpg

imagine an Endura98 handle with a smaller Civilian blade... that's the Matriarch!

Wow, I havn't checked this thread since I chimed in at the beginning, now I see we're actually getting the second Forum special in what appears to be record time !
Spyderco rules.(got that from my grandson)
wink.gif

When my kids get through with my wallet (Oops - I mean college) I'll probably join the Spyderco Club. Last I heard it was around $1000 per year out of pocket. I hope the club is still around when I can afford to join.

No Way!!! Yea! Another Forum knife??
Sal is going to give us an entry card to his wherehouse someday, I bet!! (dreaming)

------------------
Mark Camp

"Life is nothin' but a series of fascinations"

I'm not sure about the model or the handles but I really like about any Spyderco! the standard with G-10 works fine for me ... but those who would like color - I'd second the thoughts about something inconspicious! and Sal - thanks for the great product Whatever it is going to be is ok with me!

------------------

Or just fix the problems with the Bob Lum and get it out to us. Natural Titanium is fine with me, but I would consider a navy blue anodized (blends with blue jeans) model, or navy G-10.
Think of it. Denim-colored G-10 with a stonewashed blade. Sounds like a weekender to me.
The Lum is probably the most exciting new Spyderco I've contemplated.
However, it's about as easy to get as win a lottery.
Bill

Back