And so seeks a brash youth a first khuk

As much as I am loving my HI khuk, it just doesn't do a great job in the kitchen - passable, but not stellar. Blade is just too thick and even thought it's only a 23 ounce "baby" Ganga Ram, it's tiring for extended detail work. Also, if I don't wipe it off quickly after wet, grimy work (like kitchen work) it will almost instantly get a nice coat of surface rust.

Although it is much more expensive, you should take a look at the Spyderco Rock Salt. Khukuri inspired blade shape, only weighs 9 ounces and has a blade of non-rusting H1 steel. I LOVE my Rock Salt and it easily makes the transition from camp to yard to kitchen. And no worries about blessings of any kind. :) It is truly one of the best all-purpose knives around and it is completely maintenance free, short of sharpening.

So here's one of the stranger questions to be asked on this forums. I have a friend whose mother is looking for a good kind of all purpose knife. It was my thinking that a BAS or even chitlangi would be good since I can't imagine needing it to do excessive chopping. She seems pretty devoted to a chiruwa blade, which more or less knocks it down to the CAK. Would a CAK be overly tiring for use in the kitchen?
The actual question is this... said family is of a very Christian spiritual heritage. All HI khuks are blessed. Would it be a tremendous insult to Yangdu or the kamis to ask for an unblessed khukri for a Christian family?

I'm not quite sure a CAK would be a good choice for kitchen work unless she's chopping up frozen chickens all the time or doing alot of butchering tasks. Although i have seen khuks used to great effect there by very skilled people.

I could however recommend you look into the R series of knives offered here.
I havent personally tried it, but the R-10 looks like it would do a fine job.

AS for the blessing thing:eek:.....that may be difficult. Its not like they douse them in blood or anything and after all it is in reverence to god in his many forms, I'm quite sure that the Lord would understand if she were to have one of these fine and blessed knives in her possession.
I'm also sure that Yangdu has heard stranger things...and as long as the question is proposed respectfully it would be answered in kind.

Back