Announcements, things you might need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of you know we have been moving our shop from one property over to another. The transition has caused a few bottlenecks and hiccups due to having things like stock or the straightening operation in one location and other stock and things like buffers and tumblers, shipping supplies and the grinding area at the other location that required going back and forth between the two properties to get a blade finished sharpened assembled and ready to ship. although only slightly less efficient, it did stack on days to the time between starting an order and shipping it due to the need to go back and forth between the two properties which has led to slower shipping than people are accustomed to from us. We have finally remedied the last of these issues with the entire process located at the new shop and are clearing out our bottleneck.

Hello folks!

As everyone knows, the postal service is experiencing some significant delays. With that in mind, I have set up a UPS account. I will be switching over to UPS for most shipments. IF you do not want me to use UPS, please let me know (via email, for the specific shipment, I will never remember if it is just a reply to this thread). This will also give you the opportunity to have me include a phone number on your package if you would like me to.

Hopefully this will go smoothly and I will do my best to keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks!
Ninjo

International Shipments

If anyone is waiting for an International package, I have received several back from US Customs. Even though I have always used the term "camping tool", someone in Customs (in Miami) has apparently decided that "camping tool" isn't specific enough. This started about 6 weeks ago. I currently have 3 packages here and am expecting at least one more to be returned to me. Until I get this figured out, I am going to send one out at a time and see what term will get the package to its destination country. If you are an International customer and want to buy a knife in the next little while, this will also affect you. I cannot send out multiple boxes repeatedly. Please be patient and we will get this figured out. If you have any suggestions, I am happy to hear them out. One of my customers, got a package from another maker just last week that said "camping tool", (shipped through UPS, not USPS) so I don't know if it is Customs or an internal USPS thing or why they are rejecting mine, but insufficient description is the reason I am getting for the returns. :(

Thank you!
Jo

As some of you are aware, we moved our shop earlier this year. Jo and I are now in the process of moving our house. I apologize if we are a little slow responding to emails and if some of our shipments are shipping out a little slower than normal, we are not at the shop as much as usual while we are moving our home and prepping it for sale. I apologize for being slow and for allowing our personal move to affect our business, but we are a small business and Jo and I have our hands full at the best of times and the business is slipping a little while we prep our personal situation. However, we are nearly done now.

10-22-20

Jo is currently a little behind with communications.

I have been lucky enough to have both of my grandmothers for 45 years but now I am losing my other gramma, the one I grew up next door to for most of my formative years. Please be patient the next week or so, I will get back to everyone.

Jo

We are running behind with December's orders. We had a sick child and sent everyone home for a couple days. Between that and the holidays, we are behind, but I hope to have all of December's orders out by early next week. Thank you for your patience!
Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back