Announcing the NEW 535BK-1902 BladeHQ Exclusive Bugout!

Hmmm. Looks like dealer exclusives are back on the table? Maybe I shouldn't give up hope for a mini version of the DLT Exclusive M390 Griptilian.

Cool little knife. Unfortunately, BHQ now charges California sales tax...

Who asked for more S30v though? Isn't there supposed to be a BHQ M4 theme? :cool:

I like the black out, but I'll pass on another S30v variant. An actual DLC M4 would have flown off the shelf, just sayin :)

I know right!?! I was so excited to see this as I'm a huge fan of DLC and the Bugout. My Bugout is in the top 5 favorite knives I own and carry so I was really hoping a BHQ exclusive would be M4 blade steel. I'm probably going to pass on this now..... :thumbsdown::cool:

Last edited:
from what i understands the color, specs, materials, blade steel, etc, are chosen by the distributor selling the limited edition. in this case bhq decided that this is the knife they wanted to sell, bk coating, s30v steel, & all. was probably a decision to keep the cost down to the price point they wanted to sell at.

from what i understands the color, specs, materials, blade steel, etc, are chosen by the distributor selling the limited edition. in this case bhq decided that this is the knife they wanted to sell, bk coating, s30v steel, & all. was probably a decision to keep the cost down to the price point they wanted to sell at.

Sure, I can understand the reasoning behind their decision, and sure it'll sell because the Bugout is an amazing knife. But, still upset about the fact they could've done a coated M4, could you imagine BM's best knife in one of the best steels! I know I love all my coated M4 Spyderco BHQ exclusives. Guess they'll get the pocket time instead. ;)

Was excited until I saw S30V. It's a fine steel, just would like something different in an exclusive (as others have mentioned, coated M4 would have been great).

Nice looking knife and I like all black.

I'm with everyone else with offering different steel and/or G10 handles.

So is anyone other than me going to pick one of these up. I had a standard model when they first came out and let it go in favor of a few other knives. I have missed it ever since, and this is a good excuse to get another one. I dyed my other one black, so this is a win for me. I'm not a huge fan of the coated blade, but I can live with it.

TXPO

Yeah, I got one, after a bunch of server problems, logouts and redirects back to where I started. I must’ve gone through the process 10 times before it finally went through. Just keep trying, it should eventually let you buy one.

I returned a blue one to the dealer (not BHQ) for a refund because the axis lock kept grinding and wouldn’t loosen up. I’m hoping BM gives a little more quality control to this batch.

Sure hope it’s worth it!

I just hope the black cerakote holds up. Cerakote is not one of my favorite finishes. DLC would have been much better and I would have gladly paid the extra for that

TXPO

Well, I have registered a card as a default card, but it does not let me choose it when trying to place the order. No chosen cards appear at all. Dissapointed!!! ;-)

I copied my CC# into memory and pasted it in every time I reached that page again. Being registered didn’t matter, it kept logging me out anyway so I finally checked out as “guest”.

The really frustrating part for me (besides the endless waiting for a page to load) was, every time I went to my cart to try again, there were always 2 knives in it. I kept having to change the quantity back to one again. I almost bought 2 by mistake.

Back