Announcing the NEW 537 BAILOUT!

The design is growing on me. I wish I could see just how thin it is. Also wish BM was running the steel a bit harder.

That's too bad. I was looking forward to picking one up.

I was "lucky" enough to get a pretty uneven factory grind so I took that as an opportunity to de-tanto-ify the knife. I'm pretty pleased with the results.
74a173acd5c442c6c9f1548717481ec7.jpg
88bd522b521bc9805a23a8531c59a541.jpg

I was "lucky" enough to get a pretty uneven factory grind so I took that as an opportunity to de-tanto-ify the knife. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Looks a lot like the Olamic tanto shape now. I think the original looked a lot like the CRK tanto shape. Both are good things to me!

Nice job on the profile. I actually thought about doing the same just not confident enough in my skills.

Nice job on the profile. I actually thought about doing the same just not confident enough in my skills.
I am by no means a professional, but it wasn't all that difficult. Getting a polished edge on my Altitude took me more time than reprofiling the Bailout. It took me a little over an hour using a whetstone, sharpmaker and a leather strop. I haven't really beat on the knife yet but I can say Benchmade's 3V is much easier to work with/softer than their S90V. Hopefully that means it will be tougher.

Speaking of toughness, I want to give S90V some love since the internet likes to bash it for being "too brittle." The other day I was helping my wife cook dinner. Naturally I used my Altitude to cut anything and everything that presented me with the opportunity. Afterwards I rinsed my blade off in the sink and gave it a few hard shakes to dry. My wife said something as I was doing this so I turned to look at her and WACK!

I had slammed my knife, blade first into our marble/granite countertop. My heart sank and I quickly checked the edge fearing the worst. To my surprise there was only a small nick near the sharpening choil. After a little tlc on the stones you can't even tell it was chipped. I'd be curious to see how 3V and S30V would fair under the same circumstances.

Still on the fence about this one, especially since I could “de tanto” it pretty easily. I want to see some actual cut test performance and/or HRC info, from what I’ve read, 3V excels at 59-60, below that it’s too soft and above that the excellent toughness fades away quickly.

Kind of wish they had gone 4V here, it’s just as tough and has much better wear resistance.

I really want one of these. Kind of reminds me of my benchmade/emerson cqc7. That was my first "high dollar" knife I bought.

The handles need another stand off. They flex too much in relation to length. Just an opinion...and probably do-able by a good modder.

Someone has checked the hardness of theirs on Instagram twice and it read
In the 55’s - 56. Shameful

If this Is true,not only I will cancel the order but I Will literally stop buying their products. They are a knife company,not a gadget Company. This Is serious.

If this Is true,not only I will cancel the order but I Will literally stop buying their products. They are a knife company,not a gadget Company. This Is serious.

Pm2og on Instagram has been testing the Bailout and found it being outperformed by BD1N and CTS-XHP in both edge retention and toughness.

Just ordered one with a drop point regrind. I guess we'll see how it is.

I just got one, I like it it’s surprisingly sturdy but does flex a bit when being pressed on. But no more than say the flex of a spydie lockback never had a bugout for comparison. upload_2019-5-14_18-10-53.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-14_18-9-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-14_18-9-17.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 2
Back