1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Announcing the NEW 537 BAILOUT!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by BKC Customer Service, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Babyboomer

Babyboomer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Who offers the drop point regrind?

2. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  3. Babyboomer

Babyboomer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Thanks, Mo2.

Mo2 likes this.
  4. PeterS84

PeterS84 Sharpening addict, collector of "super steels" Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    PM'd you

5. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    My thoughts on the knife so far after a couple weeks of use:

I don't think it's a huge miss from Benchmade (although YMMV); I see it as a larger Bugout with a tanto profile (which I personally don't mind), and like the Bugout, I think it suffers from the marketing surrounding the knife that's trying to sell the blade to a certain crowd for uses that it may be able to handle, but won't excel at in comparison to other similar blades. I think given its light weight and slim profile, it's an excellent EDC blade for those wanting something a little larger than a Bugout.

It's a bummer that Benchmade ran the 3V soft, but I've carried it to work everyday with me this week so far and it's performed more than adequately imho. Just sharpened/touched it up for the first time last night and it was surprisingly easy and didn't take too long (the silver lining of them running the steel soft I guess).

All in all, enjoying my FPR example and looking forward to enjoying it even more when it's wearing matching Ti scales with its smaller sibling!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Dadpool and Dallas T like this.