Another Busses (and a Lamey) and Pirtles Thread

WatermanChris

Gold Member
Hey Bussekin Brothers and Sisters,

Just finally had a chance to put together a group shot of my two most recent Pirtlemade orders with their knives.
zbjmcsA.jpg

Top to bottom - Assault Shaker, Magnum Bear Cub, Matt Lamey EDC Bowie, Mean Street Ergo, Anniversary Steel Heart 1 Le, Anniversary Straight Handled Battle Mistress with Cyborg Skelly Warden, and Basic Bolo 13

An absolutely epic collection! Chad cpirtle cpirtle does incredible work!

Last edited:
Nice collection, beautiful sheaths! I’m looking forward to my first order with Chad. Just the correspondence up to this point has been incredible!
Do you happen to have a pic of the b-sides for the top 4? I really like the Assault Shaker. I’m doing some smaller blades and would love to see how yours mount

Nice collection, beautiful sheaths! I’m looking forward to my first order with Chad. Just the correspondence up to this point has been incredible!
Do you happen to have a pic of the b-sides for the top 4? I really like the Assault Shaker. I’m doing some smaller blades and would love to see how yours mount
The top two are pocket sheaths, the Lamey has a belt loop, and the MSE has a Spyderco G Clip that can be oriented in any direction. The cyborg sheath for the Skelly Warden can also take a G Clip. I'll get some more pics Monday

Just finally had a chance to put together a group shot of my two most recent Pirtlemade orders with their knives.

Chris, these are freakin’ fantastic! But I would also love to see the obverse side of all those sheaths and rigs (I find the creative attachment point work to be just as interesting and important.). Please!?!?!

You know, the financial pain of sheath orders is, well, so very painful! But if we are users, and not simply the ***”curators of reginas housed exclusively in secure vaults,***” (not that there is anything wrong with that), the expense is essential - and in the end, this aspect is half the fun, really. I just love the marriage of two very different fine disciplines and arts/crafts (steel and leather, naturally (kydex, too, at its best)).

But yeah, Pirtlemade is truly remarkable craft! Equaled by some, but never bested. Heck, I think the anticipation of an order like that would at least equal to that of a similar volume order of Busses!!!

zbjmcsA.jpg

Top to bottom - Assault Shaker, Magnum Bear Cub, Matt Lamey EDC Bowie, Mean Street Ergo, Anniversary Steel Heart 1 Le, Anniversary Straight Handled Battle Mistress with Cyborg Skelly Warden, and Basic Bolo 13

I am betting the last one was made from T-rex leather. Awesome sheaths.

Yessir - Chad is a great person and a great talent. Beautiful work all around, thanks for the picture!

I am on the books for a Beaver Tail / leather sheath for my FMV14 - can't wait to see that bad boy!

best

mqqn

Chris, thanks for posting and for the amazing feedback from all of you!

That BB13 sheath with the brand is pretty special to me. After talking it over with Chris I actually made the sheath a little bigger to fit as much of it as I could. The orientation he has it in for the picture is almost spot on for how it would have been placed on the cow. The brand was of three mountain ranges. I have been really tempted to try and track it down. It's rare that I get a full brand like that on a hide and even more rare that I have a customer who will indulge my ramblings about how it would look, so I appreciated getting to make it.

Chris, I do have front and back pictures of most if not all of these I have not had time to post on Instagram if you want me to load them up, but I always prefer customer pictures over my own ;)

That's actually hand stippled into the same leather with a custom made stippling tool I made. It lays down 5 pin prick stipples at a time o_O

Here's a close up of one..

View attachment 1265122
I was wondering why I couldn't see any kind of seem. :confused: Beautiful stuff! I love that there's leather geeks like you in the world and on BF to come up with beautiful stuff like this

Here's my two new sheaths that Chad made around the same time as yours Chris... I considered starting a new thread, but figured piling on here would be fun too! Both are simply amazing in detail, material selection, fit... I can't stop admiring the ASH and it's elephant pants... my new favorite sheath for my old favorite blade :D

mv6rbTo.jpg

Back