Another pre order?

Another pre order?

• Total voters

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Any chance of pre-order on these?

I second the pre-orders. That would be great.

With the last of the Light Chopper preorder finished and all the NASK blades milled and being heat treated (off the machines) we could consider starting another pre-order soon. Which raises the question, which pattern would people want pre-ordered?

EDC2 in D3V at HRC 62 with sheath ~ $220
Race ready Blade Sports legal Competition cutter in Vanadis 4 Extra (~4V) ~$600
10" Medium Chopper, D3V ~ $375
12" Behemoth Chopper, D3V, ~$525

These are some patterns "in the works" and might be a good candidate to tack on a preorder. If we were to do another pre-order, what pattern would you want?

With the last of the Light Chopper preorder finished and all the NASK blades milled and being heat treated (off the machines) we could consider starting another pre-order soon. Which raises the question, which pattern would people want pre-ordered?

EDC2 in D3V at HRC 62 with sheath ~ $220
Race ready Blade Sports legal Competition cutter in Vanadis 4 Extra (~4V) ~$600
10" Medium Chopper, D3V ~ $375
12" Behemoth Chopper, D3V, ~$525

These are some patterns "in the works" and might be a good candidate to tack on a preorder. If we were to do another pre-order, what pattern would you want?
Behemoth Chopper !!!!!

The EDC2 for sure. The Blade Sports Comp cutter looks interesting too.

Thanks for being open to the idea of more pre-orders. I believe that format works favorably for all interested parties. :thumbsup:

Phil

EDC 2 with black/blue g-10 would get my money;)

~Chip

Is the new medium chopper like the old light chopper? If that's it, or even resembles it, that's what I would pre-order!

It's a thinned out variation of the Heavy Chopper concept (.260 -->.220) with the geometry issues worked out. It is similar enough to the Light Chopper it makes the LC somewhat redundant so I decided to retire the LC since I'd already made so many of them rather than maintain two similar patterns.

Wow, I am kinda torn between the BC and MC, can I vote twice? Probably not, I would go BC#1, MC#2, EDC in D3V, and Race Ready Blade Sports Competition in Vanadis 4V! The BC hands down for me:thumbsup:I do however think the EDC will win this pole (Hope I am wrong):pIn the end I will probably take part in any pre-ordered offered;):)

A behemoth chopper would be epic! Quite frankly Nathan, anything you sell via a pre-order I will buy but I would clearly love to have a behemoth chopper.

Thanks for offering a pre-order and allowing us feedback. That's pretty awesome!

I have a visceral feeling that the EDC 2.0 will be a runaway winner at the exit poles but if I could have voted twice, it'd be in this order for the preorder: MC and then followed up very closely EDC 2.0.

Why? Because it will be that much harder to score an MC with it's more limited QTY on the sale date and I'm faster than a lot of you slow mo's, but still most likely not top 5 fast enough!

Wow, thank you Nathan!

EDC'2' @ 62? Well, I haven't perused any design concepts, but I'll cast my vote for this model.

It's a thinned out variation of the Heavy Chopper concept (.260 -->.220) with the geometry issues worked out. It is similar enough to the Light Chopper it makes the LC somewhat redundant so I decided to retire the LC since I'd already made so many of them rather than maintain two similar patterns.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this leads me to think the Medium Chopper (HC II?) is basically an improvement on the Heavy Chopper, and it will also out perform the LC...?

If so, vote #2: Medium Chopper

I have a visceral feeling that the EDC 2.0 will be a runaway winner at the exit poles but if I could have voted twice, it'd be in this order for the preorder: MC and then followed up very closely EDC 2.0.

Why? Because it will be that much harder to score an MC with it's more limited QTY on the sale date and I'm faster than a lot of you slow mo's, but still most likely not top 5 fast enough!
You can vote twice! :D:thumbsup:

Was really hoping for thin&light FK2 next.
Me too! Honestly though, mainly because I don't have a FK haha.

Back