Another Restoration

Don't drop it.

Gold Member
Here is the knife I received , I really only wanted the sheath.It started life as a Battle Saw and transformed into this.
It was filled in with weld and sanded. I’m not sure what weld he used.
IMG_2435.jpeg
After inspection, I realized the heat treat from the Weld did not destroy it. Not INFI strong but useable still .
Decided to go with 1/8 inch bone micarta but soon realized it was too thin.
IMG_2444.jpeg
Changed coarse and went with 1/4inch micarta
Painted the sanded blade but not sure how it will hold up.
IMG_2445.jpegIMG_2446.jpegIMG_2447.jpeg

Here is the knife I received , I really only wanted the sheath.It started life as a Battle Saw and transformed into this.
It was filled in with weld and sanded. I’m not sure what weld he used.
View attachment 2477054
After inspection, I realized the heat treat from the Weld did not destroy it. Not INFI strong but useable still .
Decided to go with 1/8 inch bone micarta but soon realized it was too thin.
View attachment 2477095
Changed coarse and went with 1/4inch micarta
Painted the sanded blade but not sure how it will hold up.
View attachment 2477113View attachment 2477114View attachment 2477116
Really looks great nice work 👍👍

Maybe the previous owner only used something like JB weld or liquid steel ? If it was one of those you could probably remove it.

Really looks great nice work 👍👍

Maybe the previous owner only used something like JB weld or liquid steel ? If it was one of those you could probably remove it.
Yes but he sandblasted it and possibly powder coated it or black oxide, I used a wire wheel on it and it barely took any off. So my dilemma was I can’t tell were the weld starts and stops. Maybe Jerry could re-cut it?
I wouldn’t expect him to do it for free I mean, I would gladly pay him for his time.
😜😎

Last edited:
Those sheaths were grails while they were out.

But buying a knife for the sheath! Hahahahaa.

Hats off to you!
It started out like that but quickly I decided I needed a new project, All it needed was a new Handle, I can do that. Heat treat? I’ll check it. It’s basically a 100 dollar knife that’s a small chance it’s broken.
I’m going to baton the shit out of this tomorrow and see if any of the weld breaks off.
FYI, it’s not the first time I’ve bought knives just to try the sheath.

Yes but he sandblasted it and possibly powder coated it or black oxide, I used a wire wheel on it and it barely took any off. So my dilemma was I can’t tell were the weld starts and stops. Maybe Jerry could re-cut it?
I wouldn’t expect him to do it for free I mean, I would gladly pay him for his time.
😜😎
Ok I’m following you now. I’d guess you’d need a battle saw to kinda gauge where the teeth are ?
You never know with Busse , but they do always amaze with over the top customer service👍

Back