Another Sarge except he's a USMC Major and more khukuris for Saddam.

I think I can speak for the majority here. I'm delighted to have Sarge and the Major active on this forum. It somehow helps subdue the feeling of helplessness and guilt I get sitting here on my ass while watching a half million fine young people putting themselves in harm's way.

Uncle Bill,

You've hit the nail on the head, as usual. Been looking for those words.

Is the 'donation to gardening tools' campaign still active?

Sarge,

I live on the Eastern side of the island. Basically just burned the beef (and brawts, yard bird, etc.) and had a few beers, wine (for the ladies). Hard to get Guinness over here but Murphy’s Irish Stout is in the same class. The package (class XI) has been out of Makers Mark since before Christmas so I holding the last few fingers for a better occasion, probably in a flask for deployment.

Uncle Bill,

I feel old and tired at times. I’m not 20 (or 30) anymore. Trying to pass on a little help while not confusing the future officer. I learn more myself. Passing out my old (and last) butt pack then buying one of the new variations when they hit the uniform shop is an example. The new ones mount differently so I’ll have to figure a way to carry a Kukri cross draw between the butt pack and a patrol (ALICE medium sized) pack.

I like to keep extras of everything already broken in or ready to use. Boots, gear, etc. Keeping it accessible to someone who can get to me quickly is the key. I am down to last pair of broken in green jungle boots, can’t resole them anymore, is an example.

It takes some effort and expense to be lazy. Showing up at college a week early to start studying and liaison w/professors thus putting you ahead of the game. Doing pull-ups with weights on to get better, or doing crunches on an incline w/weights are all ways to be lazy.

S/F, Mike

Uncle Bill,

I have eight left to be passed out. I am trying to get a squadron hump in at the end of the month. Trying to fit in the time, coordination, etc. is proving difficult. I was planning on presenting the last eight to Marines and Sailors at the end of the hump. I had envisioned humping them myself and then handing them out after about 15 miles. Then chopping something up, even if it’s only old wood pallets! I may have to fall back a squadron level MCMAP session (easy) or see if the Doc and his Chiefs can come up with some field medical training that has PT value.

Originally posted by FOG
It takes some effort and expense to be lazy. Showing up at college a week early to start studying and liaison w/professors thus putting you ahead of the game. Doing pull-ups with weights on to get better, or doing crunches on an incline w/weights are all ways to be lazy.

Marines even have better ways to be lazy! :D

Better to be ahead of the game than the other. Thanks for hanging around the cantina, Major!

Back