Antique New York Knife Company Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread for a great knife company, Primble Primble thanks for thread and it's revival.
Beautiful knives by everyone :thumbsup:

I'll share some from my collection.

Buttery smooth lockback, the blade was tipped, it lost some length but still a sweet carry.
2ZgkBpb.jpeg

UnJQhCI.jpeg

A junior Cattle knife.
48X1fQk.jpeg

Sheepsfoot jack
eY3jFl4.jpeg

A little gents split back whittler
FPbvzOS.jpeg

M0FRkOw.jpeg

A 3" congress with NYK pickbone which I love so well:thumbsup:
T0lPUv9.jpeg

aBiBVlB.jpeg

While I'm on pickbone here's my lockback electrician
elsxdEG.jpeg

hfAiGjM.jpeg

Along with a jack
kEmpYpG.jpeg

Coke bottle lockback, nice action on this one.
2h4nZE1.jpeg

6FZFuRM.jpeg

Guys, it just struck me... Not mine but most of these fine blades look as they haven't even been used. This is some collection of some of the finest of the time;) All beauties
Obviously were not used as screwdrivers, prying tools, stored improperly, or non cutting chores, were they ? ☺️ ............................ which is why they survived in fine condition I expect.

Many of the pearl handled knives were considered fancy, bankers knives, and Sunday go to meeting knives in the old days.

Impressive showing Rob.
Thanks Mike:thumbsup:
Great show, Rob!! Some tantalizing Beauties!!!
Thanks Charlie:thumbsup:
A whole lot of excellent pieces for the thread !

How long of a time span would you estimate it took you to accumulate these pieces of history ?

Thank you for sharing them with us Rob ! :thumbsup:😊
Rob, I picked off approximately 20 NYK over a 4 month period at the end of 2020 from Charles Lamb's collection. I've kept my eye out since that time and picked up a few individual knives along the way. I have a few more from Lamb that I can't find pictures of, once the weather improves I'll take pictures and add them to this thread.
Thanks again for reviving this thread:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My one and only (so far) NYK.
To be cherished for as long as I can and thank you so kindly Cal @tongueriver :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1749838View attachment 1749840View attachment 1749841
Thank you kindly as well for this thread
Primble
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gus, you were fortunate to pry this one away from Cal:thumbsup: it's a jewel!
That's a great one to have Gus! pickbone pruner:
hHQSN2w.jpg
CJ1aBzZ.jpg
Nice one, Mike! I can't get enough pickbone :thumbsup:
Mike - I think you just showed me who made my old Primble India Steel Works Pruner. What do you think ?View attachment 1750105
View attachment 1750109
Beautiful pocket polished pickbone, Rob:thumbsup:
Guys, this is fun... Like Mike's pruner above I love real pickbone as it speaks to what it took to make these beauties. This one snaps like the Ole Platts Jumbo sunfish. I may have posted this here but cannot find it🤔View attachment 1750762
That's a dandy, Tiny:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back