Any Ironwood fans?

Back on track, with a photo of the new sheath for my Randall #11-4.5":

rmk-11-45-ironwood-4.jpg

It sorts of drives home the importance of a good sheath... :thumbup:

From what I've been able to read, this has been a great thread so far guys, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

A few anecdotal musings, when Samael first showed me his 'killer' stag handle a while back, I wanted to make sure he was getting the lined lanyard hole put in...I swear, he could be heard spitting out a obscene response from 1200+ miles away!

Re. great Desert Ironwood; K&G finishing supplies owner Ken McFall asked me at the OKCA Show last year (OK, it was at the OKCA, Valley River Inn's after-dinner fireplace lounge about) what I thought about RMK's current DIW offering?

'Great' sez I, 'All good stuff'..."Good" sez he, "I supply it". (GTR later confirmed this) So there, now ya know, if ya need killer DIW, talk w/Ken. BTW, it comes from Mehico, and is getting very/very hard to get with the new export restrictions they (MX) put in place last year...

Shel

Here are some pics of my RMKs with DIW handles. I love the DIWs. Sorry, the pics do not do them justice.

#1-8 and #2-8
IMG_2380-1.jpg

Large Sasquatch
IMG_2141-1.jpg

IMG_2142-1.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144-1.jpg

IMG_2145-1.jpg

More Ironwood arrived today:

rmk-tcs-ironwood-1.jpg

rmk-tcs-ironwood-2.jpg

rmk-tcs-ironwood-3.jpg

rmk-tcs-ironwood-4.jpg

It is a Tom Clinton Special that I ordered on 01/14/2008.

GatorZee and KL, damn nice RMK's w/DIW handles guys, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Another example of Brass + Ironwood:

rmk-4-6-6-ss-ironwood+brass-1.jpg

rmk-4-6-6-ss-ironwood+brass-2.jpg

rmk-4-6-6-ss-ironwood+brass-3.jpg

rmk-4-6-6-ss-ironwood+brass-4.jpg

rmk-4-6-6-ss-ironwood+brass-5.jpg

rmk-4-6-6-ss-ironwood+brass-6.jpg

It's a #4-6-6-SS (#4-6" Stainless Steel with #6 Grind) with Brass furniture, Ironwood handle, and Thumb Notches.

You do well with your option chices Ken, nice knife!

At knife shows, I usually end up hanging out with Ken McFall and friends of K&G (Knife and Gun) Finishing Supplies - Ken supplies RMK with (at least some of) their Desert Ironwood (DIW) handle material...

From what I've been told every piece is different (as the photos herein show); that DIW has become extremely difficult to export from Mexico (where most of it grows), and that like quality Sambar stag, may become scarce in the near future...

Nice looking knife, good on ya bud!

-S

Back