Any opinions on Walk with Faith 777 Tomahawks?

Looking at buying one but I am not sure which one due to the horrible photos found in their gallery and the lack of prices for a particular model. Do they make any small tomahawks 15-18 inches long? Has anyone here bought one? If so, what is it like?

I have seen axes and tomahawks by him on several forums. Quality seems to be exceptional.

Since he is a custom maker, I'd just mail him to ask if he does a 15-18" hawk and to get a sales quote for such an item.

Ookami

You may want to read through the archives here. MANY of the questions you have asked in the last week have been answered.

Once again, I feel compelled to suggest that you slow down a bit. You are bouncing rather wildly from one style to another.

Take a few minutes to write down exactly what you want to do with it, in order of importance, how far you are willing to compromise on some features to get the main features you want, etc. Then write down a list of designs you find that will best accomplish the mission. Give no heed to what you want, just what will accomplish the task.

Next make a list of the designs that call to you. Here's where what you want comes into play. List the best looking designs (in your opinion) to include head design, haft length, tactical or traditional, etc.

Now, compare the two lists. Chances are a few of the items will overlap. Now that you've narrowed the field considerably, reevaluate the items based on which is really best for the mission, and rank them in order. If you like the one at the top of the list, that's the one. If one further down the list keeps calling you, then pick that one, as it's already been determined to be able to fill the mission, and it fills that "want slot".

I emailed Walking with Faith 777 over a week ago and no response. I have checked this forum and have gotten mixed results, hence the questions. This isn't my first rodeo. My choices are my choices just like your choices are your choices. It shouldn't matter to anyone if I like one type and also like a totally different type. Who cares? We are here to share ideas and cool toys. Nothing else matters.

From your posts it seemed you were running headlong into an impulse buy, which almost always turns out bad.

Also asking about many different types of hawks in quick succession signaled to me at least that you weren't sure what you wanted.

If you know you want several types and are just asking about them all, have at it. I was trying to help you not make an impulse buy mistake.

As for WalkByFaith, I don't own any of his products, so I can't speak to their quality. Does he list a phone number on his web site? Might want to give him a call. Realize a lot of the makers here do it part time, and life may have intruded and kept him from the computer.

I agree with the Cpl. Man toys are like crack for me so I know what you must be goin through. Sweaty palms, racing heart. I know I tend to buy one of everything and try them all, then sell the ones that don't make the cut. Not sure if that works for you or not....do as you see fit lad.

It seems there are several issues in this thread that need to be addressed. I would prefer to handle these issues privately through email or the PM system. However, since the questions/comments are already posted here, I feel it necessary to respond using this format.

Customer service has always been very important to us and that includes timely communication. I personally respond to ALL emails whether sent to us via our website or through private messages here on bladeforums.com. I usually respond within 1-2 days of receiving an inquiry. I do understand, however, that email systems are not without occasional technical problems. That is why it clearly states on our website that if you have not received a response within 48 hours, please email me again.

We list only price ranges on our website for 2 reasons: First, the cost of materials and supplies varies so our prices change accordingly. Second, prices vary based upon specifics. Since we offer so many different options (different types of spikes, several different kinds of hammer polls, several wood choices, various lengths and styles of handles, langets, drop-through the head designs, gray or browned finish, standard sheath, belt sheath, and custom sheath varieties to name a few), it would be impossible to list prices accurately for every option. We list a price range to give potential customers a basic ball-park figure. Many custom blacksmith websites do not even offer that much.

May I ask what it is about our website gallery photos you find "horrible"? While I have put considerable effort into our website, I realize there is still much room for improvement. I welcome helpful suggestions. Instead of simply criticizing, perhaps you could provide specific feedback regarding what you would like to see changed. "Horrible" is vague and does not help me to improve the quality of our website and/or photos.

Customer satisfaction is also very important to us. It is part of the reason we offer a 10-day money back guarantee on all of our work. To date, we have never had an item returned. Customer satisfaction is also part of the reason we work so hard to make sure every item we finish is top quality. We want our customers to be satisfied and as far as we know, they have been. Your comment "I have checked this forum and have gotten mixed results" puzzles me. If you were referring to responses to your questions in general, then I understand. If you were referring to the quality of our work, perhaps you could enlighten me (privately) as to the mixed results so we can work toward improving.

I appreciate bladeforums.com as a venue for sharing opinions, ideas, information, etc. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion as long as it is stated as such. Usually on this forum, opinion is presented with a certain amount of tact and common courtesy. While I welcome constructive criticism, I do not appreciate posting of blatantly negative comments about my business or anyone's for that matter. I believe such comments are not in the true spirit of bladeforums.com either. Then again, that is just my opinion.

Sincerely,
Tena

Tena, I'm glad you addressed the OPs comments. I agree that his comments were Not in the spirit of our friendly forum.

Thanks again for your remarks.
very best regards.

Robin

I dont know about anyone else, but personally i think the pictures on your website are great, well done and leaves one wanting more
Ive spent the last hour looking for a horrible picture, and didnt find any
keep up the great work

mike

I dont know about anyone else, but personally i think the pictures on your website are great, well done and leaves one wanting more
Ive spent the last hour looking for a horrible picture, and didnt find any
keep up the great work

mike
Agree totally. Everytime I look at those Fokos I want one.
Great website and beautiful looking pictures!

I think the pictures are awesome, but each one takes a super long time to load. But it's not a huge deal. Great looking products!

Agree totally. Everytime I look at those Fokos I want one.
Great website and beautiful looking pictures!

I swear I'll have one of those some day. Gorgeous work and well thought-out design.

This is my first time checking out the Walk by Faith site, but the axes look great to me. That little belt axe especially calls to me!:cool: :thumbup:

Hi all,
I have done business with Walk By Faith 777, Tena Otto was GREAT to work with. I had some custom leather work done by her and she spent 2 weeks working with me until we had designed what I wanted.
Excellent craftsmanship honest pricing and great customer service.

I will be ordering again from this husband wife company.

This is my first time checking out the Walk by Faith site, but the axes look great to me. That little belt axe especially calls to me!:cool: :thumbup:

I agree 100% ! They look heirloom quality to me. Not a bad pic on the site. LOVE that little belt axe !

Just took a look myself and, if I had the spare cash, would be proud to own one your hawks. I am considering getting one of the belt sheaths for a CS hawk. Either way Its a great website and the photos look great.

The only thing i did notice was when i went to the link at the bottom of your home page It brought me to a page with a 404 error rather than your gallery. That could be my pc but i just thought I would let you know.

BF.PNG

Back