Any other retired military here?

This is a great thread Doc, and I will be watching this one closely. I know I havnt been the greatest in making it public, but I do discount to military, active or retired. Here's why.
I feel like I have been blessed with the life I have. I bitch, but I know I have it good. I have a good paying job, a family that loves me. Friends that would take a bullet for me, and a hobby (knifemaking) that provides my family with extra money and brings me in touch with a great group of like minded people. Friends let me tell ya..... only in America. AND only in America because of our military..............I only wish that I had the respect for our men and wemen in the armed forces that I have today many years ago. I will never forget where I was on September 11th 2001. I need not tell any of you what happened then. From that day forward and still today, I regret not enlisting. I am enjoying freedoms that I have not earned and to you all in the Military.......my most sincere and heartfelt thank you on behalf of my family and me. You all are the reason our lives are good.

So..... let's make this the official Military thread. Even if you are not in it. This is a great chance to say thanks.

Not retired yet but just left active after 15years and now resevres

Wow guys! I love it! Thank you for your service! Keep em comin! Let's keep it going guys/gals!

Was a reservist until I got profiled a few years after screwing up my knee running on the "beach" at Great Mistakes...

My Ass Rode In Navy Equipment for 4 years and 4 months active. EAS'd in '05, Semper fi!

7 years as a tanker (M1A Armored Crewman) but was only on tanks for a short while. Good old Uncle Sam had other plans. I still miss it to this day. Not exactly a family friendly career. Thank you to all who served and are still serving.

This is going great guys! Anyone got any funny stories from when they were in? We can post them here or start a new thread. Here's one I always liked, I was stationed down at Ft Stewart GA (camp swampy) this place has some of the best hog hunting i have ever seen. So one day we were out in the field running around in an APC (Armored personnel Carrier) we are just barreling along when the driver just slams the thing to a halt. So I go up front to ask the driver what the hells up! He tells me that there's a huge boar blocking the road and wants to know what he should do. I tell him to ease up and the Boar will leave, but the boar he has other ideas! He lowers his head and rams the front of that APC as fast and as hard as he can. he hits it so hard that it knocks itself silly and then sits down and just falls over! I just knew it was dead but having hunted a bunch of hogs I told everyone to just sit tight for a bit and sure enough the thing sits up shaking its head and then jumps up. Well now I figure this things had enough and will wander off, and it does wander a little ways away from the vehicle before it turns around and looks at the vehicle real pissed off like and then rams us again breaking the fool things neck! it was one of the funniest things I ever saw!!!

Last edited:
Long line of service in my family, sadly broken by me. I was too screwed up as a kid to be capable of serving, and when I finally got my stuff together, they didn't want me because I was older, then they changed the age limit, and I already had a family and career started. It just wasn't in the cards apparently. MUCH respect to all who have served, are serving, and will serve though.
Thank you all for your service.

Back