Any Wet Shavers, here?

I've used an old Gillette safety razor, that used to belong to my grandfather for a couple decades now. Beyond being a more enjoyable experience, shaving has sort of become a ritual of paying my respects. Nothing elaborate, the razor just makes me remember him, which often makes me recall memories of other departed family members. Honestly, as a bit of a drifter in spirit, its probably the strongest tie I have to my past.

I just hope that I can figure out something quite so meaningful to pass on to my children.

Hi kids,

One of my favorite razors...an old Gillette 'Executive' from 1958 that adjusts the bite. This one's plated in 22k gold I believe.

I normally will use vintage blades and these Schick NOS from 1971 are ones I prefer the most. Yep, many 40-50 year old blades are still great.

Attachments

• 20240229_051555.jpg
    20240229_051555.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 9
I just picked up my first DE, a Parker Variant. I used it yesterday for the first time and I really like it. Does anyone shave their head with a DE?

lGoyLjA.jpg

Previously wet shaved once a week using the ripoff Mach 3’s or 5’s (each lasted approx 4-5 shaves then thrown out. Recent switch to the Razorock Lupo .72 OC with HD handle, paired with the Gillette 7 o’clock yellows. 2 passes (with grain, then perpendicular) and super smooth. Finsh off with Nivea, so far no irritation no weepers. Purchased under $80 Italian barber.

Previously wet shaved once a week using the ripoff Mach 3’s or 5’s (each lasted approx 4-5 shaves then thrown out. Recent switch to the Razorock Lupo .72 OC with HD handle, paired with the Gillette 7 o’clock yellows. 2 passes (with grain, then perpendicular) and super smooth. Finsh off with Nivea, so far no irritation no weepers. Purchased under $80 Italian barber.
RR's Lupo line is my current favorite DE platform.

Back