Anybody use the tw 90 Wuertz grinder

Very, very cool. I'll be back in the States for a year-long sabbatical next summer, and you can bet I'll have one of these machines, fully loaded, in my little temporary workshop:)

My first post to this forum, but I've been reading for quite a while, off and on.

First, allow me to say that this is easily my favorite knife-makers forum. You boys really know your stuff, and nobody goes home without an excellent answer for every question. My hat is off to you.

This year will be my first Atlanta Blade Show. Last year was my first ever knife show in Eugene OR. Last year, I bought some knives. This year, I'm bringing my TW-90 home.

You may not be able to discern this, but I'm jumping up and down with excitement already. Yes, it is kind of hard to type.

I've always wanted a Cadilac to drive. Now I want a Cadilac and a TW-90.
You're going to love this machine. I've seen a few of them demonstrated. Ultra high quality.
My first post to this forum, but I've been reading for quite a while, off and on.

First, allow me to say that this is easily my favorite knife-makers forum. You boys really know your stuff, and nobody goes home without an excellent answer for every question. My hat is off to you.

This year will be my first Atlanta Blade Show. Last year was my first ever knife show in Eugene OR. Last year, I bought some knives. This year, I'm bringing my TW-90 home.

You may not be able to discern this, but I'm jumping up and down with excitement already. Yes, it is kind of hard to type.

I agree 100%. There is no bashing the KMG or other knife grinder options as the KMG works very well at what it does and is built like a tank. However, the TW90 just takes it to a whole other level with features and design. Travis has done an amazing job designing a slick slick and very polished machine. Like I said, the surface grinder attachment may just seal the deal for me. Can't wait to see picks!

--Nathan

Just Google "TW-90", and it should take you to Travis's site. He has good video and everything. You will find him at twuertz.com

Grizz,

I think we've all seen the grinder, we're just salivating over the potential of this new surface grinder attachment he's come up with and are rabid with anticipation of seeing some images of it. :)

--nathan

My new TW-90 will be here Friday. i too can not wait to see the surface grinder attachment!

-Jim

This entire thread made me feel very poor.....MAN I want one of these machines. Oh well, I will have to grind my ass off with my junker and sell some steel I guess. It will make it all the sweeter when the time comes. GKN

JUST POSTED THE FIRST SURFACE GRINDING ATTACHMENT. If you google "Wuertz Machine works Surface grinding attachment" you should find it. Each video takes about 120 minutes to upload if my internet don't crap out. I have atleast 3 more to load then add to my site, this web stuff is not my forte, but should have them by the end of the day. I'm loading them in between machining a Burr king adaptor and packing for BLADE.

JUST POSTED THE FIRST SURFACE GRINDING ATTACHMENT.

Travis, that's a very clever design! Especially the aluminum channel/ball bearing slide :)

Love the home-brew magnetic chuck. Are you planning to add a release mechanism like a surface grinding chuck, or is it easy enough to pry the knife blade off the magnet?

I just watched the first SG video

Nice bright well lit video with good focus, nice and close, very steady, high resolution.
Good job by your video helper.

Maybe now that you're better at taking videos, you could redo the first 4 ?
Going back and looking at them they are terribly dark, shaky and not well focused.

I'll be watching them all with interest.
and waiting for comments of actual users.

Aluminum is good in that it won't hold the grindings, but will it show wear quickly?

Last edited:
All my overtime is going into a kitty, saving up for one of these. I'm hoping to order a TW90 in November or December.

Back