Anybody use the tw 90 Wuertz grinder

Great video's Travis, YOU DA MAN! Love the new and improved version of the surface grinder. I hope your bringing a couple of order books to Blade, your gonna need em'.

Amazing stuff Travis, this is brilliant! Congrats on building such an awesome machine and hope you and the TW90 continue to have lots of success!
I know for sure I'll be saving up for one down the line, until then I'll take one SG attachment with the 1.5" adapter ;)

Have we heard a price of the SG attachment? What's the total price of a TW-90 going to be with contact wheel, small wheel, platen and SG? I need to know how much OT I need to work to get one.

My TW-90 showed up Friday night. I have only had time to open the boxes and look. But, my first impressions are simply..... "AMAZING". The powder coat finish alone is just awesome!!! She will be up and running come tomorrow.

Got a chance to see the surface grinder option in person. To say I was impressed is an understatement, and it takes a lot to impress me in grinder design

Travis,
Came by and checked out the surface grinding attachment, really really impressed. Looking forward to adding one to my shop when I can. Would have talked with you more and actually introduced myself but you were swamped every time I came by. Very cool stuff!!

Jonny

Can someone post the prices? How much is the base grinder? How much is the surface grinding attachment?

Can someone post the prices? How much is the base grinder? How much is the surface grinding attachment?

If you go to his website, it lists the price of the grinder ($3400). Nobody has heard a price on the surface grinding attachment though, at least that I know of.

WOW. Travis you have outdone yourself once again. As everyone can tell from the videos, this machine is not only smooth and accurate it is also very quiet. I am going to have to save my pennies and pick one of these up in the next year or so. I do have a surface grinder but this SG attachment would be very slick, if for nothing else the taper feature. It is much faster to set-up and if the accuracy is down in the .0001-.0002 range with finer grits perfectly acceptable. I am amazed at the speed with which you can remove material. It has just moved up significantly on my short list of must have machines.

Here's a pic from the show...not really good for viewing the SG attachment, but it's there, at least. Yes, I heard him say $895, also. I'm sure for the right money, you can get the SG with the rest of the setup, too. And yes, he's really outdone himself! My bladesmith teacher is already asking how to fit the SG on his Bader. :)

Travis Wertz at Blade Show 2011 If you right-click on the photo, you'll have the option to see it in a larger size.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I set the TW90 up on 110, can I switch it to 220 later, or does it have to stay on 110? I'm hoping to get away with just 110 in my shop for now, and adding 220 later.

Does anyone know if the platen on the TW90 can be pivoted (top to bottom), or does the platen have to stay vertical. Looking at the KMG it looks like it pivots easily. I can't tell by looking at the TW90 if it's platen can do the same. Hoping to order my TW90 by the end of the week. :)

get the SG and a semi sine plate togering your bevels for you put a limit stop and never worry about you plunge cut ever again

i will think about a SG for a KMG but only if i cant find a used true SG till its ready

I spoke to Travis last week and the SG attachment is 895 plus shipping.

Holy @%$# that's expensive...

I'm not trying to discount how truly innovative it is, and I'm sure it's of highest quality.... but I can buy a dedicated surface grinder for less than that. It'll be used of course...

That sad part is, I'll still probably save up for the TW-90 and this attachment. It'll just be about 10 years before I get done saving.

Holy @%$# that's expensive...

I'm not trying to discount how truly innovative it is, and I'm sure it's of highest quality.... but I can buy a dedicated surface grinder for less than that. It'll be used of course...

That sad part is, I'll still probably save up for the TW-90 and this attachment. It'll just be about 10 years before I get done saving.

I'll be looking forward to YOUR much less expensive model coming out soon. :)

Back