Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

I'm excited to see this folder's frame being made out of one piece of metal if I'm not mistaken.
Has this ever been done before?
Don't tell me Opinel. That's wood.
☺

I'm excited to see this folder's frame being made out of one piece of metal if I'm not mistaken.
Has this ever been done before?
Don't tell me Opinel. That's wood.
☺

Lionsteel does it, think they're the best known for it in the production knives world.

Marfione does it...

Scott Cook does it...

Very excited! It is very beautiful knife. I hope the price will not turn me off..

I hope they change the livit screw to something more decorative. It just looks out of place. Also, if the chaparral is any indicator for a titanium Spyderco price, idk if this will be reasonable at all. Beautiful knife though. Might go broke for awhile that is to this one - or just might pick up the more reasonable Benchmade lol. What is clip configuration?

Wow! That looks like a must have! I don't care about the price... I need one!

Last edited:
I want it but I won't pay 400$ for it. I can buy from a small-batch maker if I want to do that. Heck, one could pay 75$ more and get a graphic on a Sebbie.

I want it but I won't pay 400$ for it. I can buy from a small-batch maker if I want to do that. Heck, one could pay 75$ more and get a graphic on a Sebbie.

It's all speculation on how much it's going to cost. No doubt people will compare it to the Sebenza, much like the Slysz Bowie. But it's not apples to apples. The Nirvana has a different steel (not saying better although some might) and a different machining/manufacturing processes.

It's all speculation on how much it's going to cost. No doubt people will compare it to the Sebenza, much like the Slysz Bowie. But it's not apples to apples. The Nirvana has a different steel (not saying better although some might) and a different machining/manufacturing processes.

Probably a closer comparison would be the Lionsteel Elmax TiSpine. I'm in at that price range. :thumbup:

I LIKE it ALOT.. BUT.. I am afraid that the cost will be WAY out of my comfort zone!! John

Always wanted a Scott Cook Lochsa. The Nirvana will do just fine. S90V and a Spyderhole.

Might have to pass on the Tighe Stick if the prices are too high. Want one of those Sprigs too.

The Nirvana and a Sprig would be a sweet pair of knives.

looks a lot like the bench made 761

I think the blade shape of the Spyderco Nirvana looks more like a Benchmade AFCK than a 761.

DSC_3572_resize.jpg~original

spyderco_amsterdammeet2015_productionprototype_nirvana.jpg

The critical difference is that the Nirvana has a one piece handle. That is a huge pain to pull off.

For anyone comparing, that's what you need to compare to; another knife with a one piece handle.

Its nearly identical to Rassenti's actual custom nirvana. Integral frame, s90v... i won't be surprised if it's around the $400 mark.

ill prob grab one since its not a small knife. not a fan of the chap and dice cuz of the limited size. over 8'' is really nice. i still find a para 2 smaller than i like. that why I'm a fan of the millie. love the clean look of no holes on it. pocket clip holes, stupid lanyard hole on the side thats in your pocket. not crazy about the puzzle pieces on it but over all a nice piece. i agree that pivot screw should be classed up a bit. i do hope it doest approach the sebenza price. i like sebenza for there tolerance level and warranty and thats why i think there worth it. i hope this measures up.

Back