Anyone Else have a Steel Will?

I have 3 Steel Wills. Modus CF, Mini Gekko, and D2 Cutjack Mini. The Modus is almost drop shut, only issue is the blade is slightly off center. The Gekko is absolutely the best action I've ever seen on a lock back, super buttery smooth, all around excellent QC. Even with the Gekko having an N690 blade, I have no qualms with the price for the quality. My Cutjack is a solid washer flipper, good ergos and a nice blade.

Just got the Piercer with the titanium frame lock and I’m quite pleased with it. Excellent fit and finish, a lot of knife for the money.

I’ve been eyeballing this one since it hit the shelves. Looks great and I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Reminds me of the Spyderco Shaman. Just saw another new model, the Lanner, and it also looks excellent. I love my Cutjack so I’ll likely grab both new models.

ynxL1ymh.jpg
Badass!

Been really pleased with my M390 Mini Cutjack. Considering getting another Steelwill knife now.

Bought a Mini Cutjack D2 a few weeks ago.
Not really a flipper guy but I am impressed and pleased with the overall quality.
I am on the brink of buying a Mini Intrigue D2.

I had a Mini Cutjack, the action wasn't great and the detent was hard. But after a took it apart, cleaned it up, and put some KPL on, it was much better. Not bad for the price. Better than most offerings from CRKT, Gerber, Buck, SOG, and the like in the same price range. I would personally probably go with Civivi overall though for a knife in the $40 range.

No, but I do have an Iron Stomach. :D

Seriously, based on the positive reviews of them here over the last couple months, the only thing stopping me is their ergos. Their handle designs are not my cup of tea.

Been circling around the 3.5" Cutjack in M390 for several weeks before putting in an order one in Black G10 a couple days ago...now the wait (1-2 weeks).

Couple questions for those who have the Cutjack with G10:

1) Any special reason why the Cutjack in "blue" G10 was discontinued? It's now available only in black and chartreuse green.

2) There were a few complaints that the G10 was overly textured to the point of being too rough on fabric when clipped in pocket and uncomfortable in hand. These complaints surfaced on the "blue" G10 models. Is this why the blues were discontinued? Has the issue been resolved on the black and green G10? Was it an issue at all?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

I have a cutjack mini. amazing ergos, crappy action, and between the overly strong pocket clip and the heavily textured scale, it's very hard to get in the pocket. I got it for about $15, and for that price it's fine, but if I had paid 40 I would have been disappointed. How hard would it have been in development to put a landing pad under the clip? A lot of sharp edges at the frn scale ends too.
I think the high end cutjack with the bearings and the G10 would probably be awesome, but it's too rich for my blood as an experiment.
those hi-end cutjacks have been discontinued. i have the full size chinese model and it is all around perfect...although i did de-bur some of the frn.

those hi-end cutjacks have been discontinued. i have the full size chinese model and it is all around perfect...although i did de-bur some of the frn.

I've seen nothing but great Youtube reviews on the Chinese made D2 FRN version and tempted to give it try. The high-end M390 G10 hasn't been discontinued, just the blue colored ones. The black handled version is available and now the newly released chartreuse green version, again both of these are the high-end M390 + G10 versions.

I also have the cf modus in m390 and it is a fantastic flipper.
I also have the CF Modus in M390, carbon fiber is impressive, but that super high polish shows a scratch if you just breath on it. Also have cutjacks, the F95, and their quality, fit and finish, and offerings are very good. Very happy with them.

I also have the CF Modus in M390, carbon fiber is impressive, but that super high polish shows a scratch if you just breath on it. Also have cutjacks, the F95, and their quality, fit and finish, and offerings are very good. Very happy with them.
yeah I kinda figured it would so I only carry it now and then and since this hobby has spiralled way out of control I now have over 30 nice nice (100 to 500 dollar knives) knives to choose from to carry.At first when I read on here how addictive it was I said tio myself "yeah right" and now almost 2 years later and thousands of dollars spent I too now am an addict. lol

I have a Steel Will Apostate, I'm pretty sure it's discontinued now, but it has a 4.1 inch S35VN blade, and an incredible action.
IBrUlFP.jpg

Back