• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Anyone ever get a replacement part from Kershaw

Sirryacus

BANNED
With Postage due? Then I go to pick it up and the lazy postal carrier isn't back yet so now I have to go back tomorrow costing me even more money fun stuff.

Last edited:
I've ordered parts from Kershaw on numerous occasions. some of the things I've needed throughout the years are the torsion bar Springs.
.pivot screws..they seem like a pretty stand-up company never charged me for any parts.their customer service is absolutely superb.
here's the phone number
503-682-1966.

Yeah, that's really strange. I have only requested clips and screws, but have never even heard of them sending stuff with postage due.
Bruce

Yeah, that's really strange. I have only requested clips and screws, but have never even heard of them sending stuff with postage due.
Bruce
I only requested a clip so it shouldn't have cost as much extra as the post office is quoting, the screws I ordered a couple months ago only cost 96 cents for them to ship, seems kinda odd.

Just for clarification this is nothing against Kershaw I just found the situation odd.

Just for clarification this is nothing against Kershaw I just found the situation odd.

It is odd.... I think I received two clips and four screws and there was no charge to me whatsoever, and I straight up told them that it was my fault that I broke the clip and would pay for a replacement.
Bruce

It is odd.... I think I received two clips and four screws and there was no charge to me whatsoever, and I straight up told them that it was my fault that I broke the clip and would pay for a replacement.
Bruce
Perhaps they sent me a whole new knife, it's not an expensive model maybe they felt it was easier just to replace the whole thing I don't know.

I sent a Cryo back for a blade replacement that was 100% my fault and included my payment information. They sent me a whole new Cryo and never charged my card!

I wrote them in their web page asking for the Teflon washers set for my cqc4xl, they answered the next day and send me the washers and a new pivot screw at no charge.. very impressed with the customer service. My knife wasn't even on warranty...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been very impressed with every interaction I've ever had with Kai's customer service. I've gotten multiple replacements for broken torsion bars and broken clips. They've even sent me new sets of screws for an entire knife when I stripped one body screw from being impatient with a cheap set of torx drivers once. Their sharpening on the other hand, has been pretty bad. I've sent in two knives for lock bar adjustments that both could have used a touch up. Both came back with an obvious amount of steel ground off from the blade, and both came back less sharp than they were when I sent them off. The CryoII I sent in even came back with a fairly noticeable re curve that I've been to lazy to sharpen out since I've been hooked into carrying traditionals lately anyway. lol

An update on this, went to the post office paid the postage due and it was only a knife clip as I suspected, the explanation the USPS gave was because they kershaw shipped it in a padded envelope it incurred the extra charge, if the part was shipped in a regular envelope with a stamp it would have been fine.

An update on this, went to the post office paid the postage due and it was only a knife clip as I suspected, the explanation the USPS gave was because they kershaw shipped it in a padded envelope it incurred the extra charge, if the part was shipped in a regular envelope with a stamp it would have been fine.

Glad to hear it sort of worked out. I would mark this one up to an unforeseen anomaly in the shipping process.
Bruce

Glad to hear it sort of worked out. I would mark this one up to an unforeseen anomaly in the shipping process.
Bruce
I just hope it doesn't happen to other people and start to annoy them, kershaw needs to either pay more postage or ship in a regular stamped envelope for lighter items, but who knows maybe the post office would try to pull some garbage on that.

Thanks, but no thanks. You start off talking about the "lazy postal carrier" and end up griping about the post office trying to "pull some garbage".

You don't know how long it takes to deliver his route on any given day, or how long it takes the clerks to sort through mail brought back for pickup. We generally told customers to stop by the next day, if noone was going to be home for redelivery.

What garbage, anyway? The rates for different classes of mail are published. You and Kershaw can figure them out for next time.

I've asked them for a torsion bar for my Blur. I had it in my hands within a week, without hassle or payment. So far I've been pleased with Kai.

Thanks, but no thanks. You start off talking about the "lazy postal carrier" and end up griping about the post office trying to "pull some garbage".

You don't know how long it takes to deliver his route on any given day, or how long it takes the clerks to sort through mail brought back for pickup. We generally told customers to stop by the next day, if noone was going to be home for redelivery.

What garbage, anyway? The rates for different classes of mail are published. You and Kershaw can figure them out for next time.
Postal employees at the actual post office are overpaid dreck I will not move from this position ban me over it if you like, also I know this postal carrier is a lazy bum because the old carrier finished his route in a fraction of the time.

The garbage I refer to would be a bullshit extra surcharge if Kershaw shipped the clip in an envelope the post office then would complain oh there is something hard and not completely flat in here, can't win with these people.

I have had Kai send me replacement parts before, and they have always refused to take any compensation for their trouble even when I insisted.

I also have had great experiences with my local post office, they are hard working people and always go the extra mile to take care of me and all of my many packages, as well as the regular mail.

I do live out in the "country", so my USPS is a smaller operation, but I can say I also have shipped and received many packages over the years with no problems.

Too bad your experience is not the same, not smart to sass the moderators though, they are here to help, even non-supporting members....

best

mqqn

I've order parts from them a couple of times. Overall it has been pretty good. They did send me the wrong part once but never have ask me to pay anything. Unlike Spyderco.

Back