Anyone get the mini horizon d?

Yeah, you'll love it, solid little knife. Good choice on the black one. I almost got that one but wanted the damasteel. Got the bronze milled ti handle with damasteel. It's super smooth. Only complaint would be it's a bit thick behind the edge with that stubby saber grind. It's awesome tho. Its actually quite a BEEFY lil knife. Overall I love it, awesome action, good in hand, perfect size, great f/f.

How about a comparison photo of the Mini Horizon and the Wave?

I had pretty much written this model off after initially wanting it. Seeing a bunch of people talking about it again after Blade 2018, I'm kind of curious who has this and what their opinions are? My biggest detractor is the weight on it, I like pretty much everything else about it.

How about a comparison photo of the Mini Horizon and the Wave?

Sorry I didn't see this question before. I've had customers on another forum ask for this.

new_mini_horizon_d.jpg

On the ABF forum one of the moderators has purchased both the blue Wave and the Mini Horizon (with the bead blasted milled handle) from us. He really likes both and has them in his daily carry rotation. He has extra large hands and finds he can still get a good four finger grip on it.

I personally like the Mini Horizon too. I have small hands but it suits me perfectly. With multi row bearings it flips so smoothly like it's oil on glass and is a very tough little knife.

Last edited:
I personally like the Mini Torrent too. I have small hands but it suits me perfectly. With multi row bearings it flips so smoothly like it's oil on glass and is a very tough little knife.
Mini-Torrent? I haven't heard of this. Brand-new release? I'll do a search.
*edit: Nope - nothing. That would've been interesting, though.

Last edited:
I had pretty much written this model off after initially wanting it. My biggest detractor is the weight on it
Same here. It's very nice, but lots of competition at this price point. Plus, it's a bit of a chunker, as you said, and probably not a great slicer with the saber flat grind. As a nit-pick, I'd call out the "meh" back spacer as uninspired.

It's just not very "mini" so that explains the weight. Overall length is less than an inch smaller than the original.

Back