1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone get the mini horizon d?

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by Johnny brown, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Johnny brown

Johnny brown

Jun 3, 2017
    Yeah, you'll love it, solid little knife. Good choice on the black one. I almost got that one but wanted the damasteel. Got the bronze milled ti handle with damasteel. It's super smooth. Only complaint would be it's a bit thick behind the edge with that stubby saber grind. It's awesome tho. Its actually quite a BEEFY lil knife. Overall I love it, awesome action, good in hand, perfect size, great f/f.

2. flash900

flash900 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 17, 2010
    How about a comparison photo of the Mini Horizon and the Wave?

3. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I had pretty much written this model off after initially wanting it. Seeing a bunch of people talking about it again after Blade 2018, I'm kind of curious who has this and what their opinions are? My biggest detractor is the weight on it, I like pretty much everything else about it.

4. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Sorry I didn't see this question before. I've had customers on another forum ask for this.

[​IMG]

Eagle Scout and Mo2 like this.
  5. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    On the ABF forum one of the moderators has purchased both the blue Wave and the Mini Horizon (with the bead blasted milled handle) from us. He really likes both and has them in his daily carry rotation. He has extra large hands and finds he can still get a good four finger grip on it.

I personally like the Mini Horizon too. I have small hands but it suits me perfectly. With multi row bearings it flips so smoothly like it's oil on glass and is a very tough little knife.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  6. Otto Carpenter

Otto Carpenter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Mini-Torrent? I haven't heard of this. Brand-new release? I'll do a search.
    *edit: Nope - nothing. That would've been interesting, though.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  7. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Sorry Mini HORIZON.

I'm pretty sure there is no Mini Torrent yet - LOL

Otto Carpenter likes this.
  8. Otto Carpenter

Otto Carpenter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Same here. It's very nice, but lots of competition at this price point. Plus, it's a bit of a chunker, as you said, and probably not a great slicer with the saber flat grind. As a nit-pick, I'd call out the "meh" back spacer as uninspired.

9. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Same here. Is there not enough skeletonizing?

10. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    It's just not very "mini" so that explains the weight. Overall length is less than an inch smaller than the original.