Anyone have Ghost Jade Handles?

I'm not all to experienced with G10, how does it hold up to staining? If I put some light color scales like the Ghost Jade on my 5.1 will blood stain it?

I don't think much of anything stains g10. I can't recall ever having a blood stain on any of my non-survive blades with g10, and I do much more field-dressing than bushcraft. Shouldn't be any worries there even in the light jade.

What do you guys think? My buddy and I agonized over this decision way longer than was healthy! He ended up going with green canvas/spring FDE combo for himself.

I have nothing to add to this except I completely understand the OCD side of the knife/handle/sheath combo decision. It's definitely helpful to see people post the different combinations.

As promised. My Jade and Bone Linen 5.1's. First pic is what I finally decided on. I felt the black fasteners should correspond to the black sheath, and they looked better on the bone imo.

CNe9DQi.jpg

What do you guys think? My buddy and I agonized over this decision way longer than was healthy! He ended up going with green canvas/spring FDE combo for himself.

That does it, I need one in jade. Looks great with the od sheath man. That's what I would have picked as well.

As promised. My Jade and Bone Linen 5.1's. First pic is what I finally decided on. I felt the black fasteners should correspond to the black sheath, and they looked better on the bone imo.

This was my second choice (and swap the fasteners). But I felt the bone/khaki was almost too much yellow.

Looks great! I personally like the Jade with the black sheath. I'm 50/50 on the fastener color though lol.

The grip was surprisingly tacky. Not quite rubberized, but almost....definitely a little give in there.
Moonglow would be sweet. You don't see that used enough in my opinion.

This is good to hear. One of the main reasons I chose micarta was for its grip, especially when wet.

I don't think much of anything stains g10. I can't recall ever having a blood stain on any of my non-survive blades with g10, and I do much more field-dressing than bushcraft. Shouldn't be any worries there even in the light jade.

Great! That's another concern alleviated. I guess I'll be ordering some more handles now hahaha

Quick family pic from before I let my buddy have the green canvas.

tlyygko.jpg

Jade was still wearing the black hardware

Last edited:
I watched a video recently where they said jade, although referred to as g10, is actually g11. There's probably no significance to that, but I found it interesting.

I really like the jade...if I can get another 6 and 10 I plan on finding jade scales for em...that way I can have 2 matching sets...4.1, 6, & 10 with black canvas micarta and tumbled finish and 4.1, 6, & 10 with jade and tumbled hardware.

I didn't care for black hardware with the jade, it got switched with the tumbled.

uw9VJWx.jpg
OMV6Qug.jpg

I really like the jade...if I can get another 6 and 10 I plan on finding jade scales for em...that way I can have 2 matching sets...4.1, 6, & 10 with black canvas micarta and tumbled finish and 4.1, 6, & 10 with jade and tumbled hardware.

I didn't care for black hardware with the jade, it got switched with the tumbled.

Nice knives, thanks for posting! Now I'm pretty much locked into spending another $40 on scales when my 5.1 gets here.

Bump for more ghost jades!!
I Love them jades!!

Back