Anyone have suggestions for a G10 Leek alternative

I'm going to have to check youtube to see if there is a diy bead blasting setup without having to go all out!

Spyderco Kiwi 4 or Centofante 4 might be right uo your alley.

Just double check the blade lengths are where you wan’t em.

Spyderco Kiwi 4 or Centofante 4 might be right uo your alley.

Just double check the blade lengths are where you wan’t em.
That's another one on my bucket list of knives! I'd like to pick up a Centofante custom gent's knife one of these days! I need to muster up the courage to carry it if never carried or find a user so that I won't have any issues sticking it in my pocket!

So all of the attached so far are great Leek alternatives. The cadet for sure is a Leek killer. Although I would rank the cadet above most knives in terms of compact edcs. The mnandi is great the more I carry it as is the Jess Horn which just needs a few mods done to it's scales.

The small knife journey continues though!

PS the Zinker is great! It's not the most comfortable in hand but it's so compact and has so many good things going for it. Still it makes me yearn for an M16 in a high end steel. Maybe I'll get the Sandvik version next as I don't think I'll ever get someone or find someone to give up their 154cm version.
7su4xl3.jpg

Now that is just plain cool. I would like to see the linerlock G10 example of this.
So I am in the middle of resculpting the BJH scales, with the edges chamfered, the Baby Jess Horn, Mnandi and Zinker Dogtooth have relegated the Alox Cadet into my knapsack.

So far these 3 have been the 3 best alternatives to a G10 Leek that I have found so far. I may need to suck it up and get the CF version, I'm just a sucker for a wharnie. But I'm also thinking about getting a small CRK again or the Keen Laconico portal, the latter not coming close to a Leek alternative. Thanks again, for gifting me such a cool EDC Velitrius Velitrius it's another one to put in the keeper forever pile!!!

XylyGPZ.jpg

Good work, cchu518 cchu518 that looks to be what the doctor ordered for that little scale.

You still ought to grit your teeth and grab that CF Leek though. It'd make a great add to that collection for sure.

Good work, cchu518 cchu518 that looks to be what the doctor ordered for that little scale.

You still ought to grit your teeth and grab that CF Leek though. It'd make a great add to that collection for sure.
I'm gonna consider it! Right now I've been rotating the Dogtooth, BJH and Mnandi. If I hear they discontinue the CF I'll try to snap one up before that happens!

What about the Spyderco Des Horn in g10 with wharncliffe blade?

Size is right on, materials are top notch, from a good company.

But jeez, even a used one is twice the price of the CF Leek!
I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off recently. I thought I was set on the CF Leek next. But the Para 3LW has CTS-BD1N steel & then I found this guy this morning! I definitely want to try that steel out...

I think I may have to pre-order this guy....I usually don't pre-order but this little guy fixes what I didn't like about the Des Horn. Let's see how it fits in hand!!!

timthumb.php

Stet, I sucked it up and ordered the Leek from Massdrop, thanks Fixall Fixall for the heads up!

Gonna try the Kershaw AM-3 next I'm thinking it's gonna be a bit until that Para3 lw starts shipping.

Last edited:
Just got the CF Leek in. It's not for me, thanks for the try though!

Dang it. I had high hopes for you on this piece. Still and all, you got some good alternatives piling up!

And face it, you did have to give it a go just to make sure. ;)

Shoot it over to the Pacific Northwest, I'll try it out!

Oh no! I was really hoping that would be the ticket for ya. At least at the price you got it for, you should be able to recoup most if not all the money you spent on it. :)

So what’s next for ya?

I’m starting to move away from assisted knives, so while I’ll always keep a couple of my beloved Leek’s around, I’ve been looking at some other options.

I REALLY like the CRKT Eros. It completely scratched my itch when it comes to an unassisted Leek. The scales are too smooth though and I wish the blade was a bit more wharncliffey. I think I’m going to pick up the titanium/Acuto+ version soon. That should take care of the grip issue and we’ll see if the blade shape grows on me.

It might be a bit blasphemous to say this... But the Gerber Fastball is another one similar to the Leek and Dividend that I plan on picking up. Unassisted, cpm-s30v, and small like the Leek. Scales don’t look too grippy though.

Dang it. I had high hopes for you on this piece. Still and all, you got some good alternatives piling up!

And face it, you did have to give it a go just to make sure. ;)

Shoot it over to the Pacific Northwest, I'll try it out!
Are you interested? I'll ship it out Monday! I had to delete my emails bc of my membership so just pm me your full details and address!

Im thinking I might have to save up for a Spyderco air as I've been hitting the toy fund pretty hard lately and I would like to get a Para 3 to try out too!

Wow . . . this thread is still going.
So did you get a knife yet ?

I was carrying the Chill again today (along with my faithful Para2 M4). Pretty decent.
I don't recall if I mentioned it or not but the blade on the Chill likes the Gritomatic G8 8,000 stone especially edge leading on the Edge Pro Oh-Yeah-Baby !

I
Wow . . . this thread is still going.
So did you get a knife yet ?

I was carrying the Chill again today (along with my faithful Para2 M4). Pretty decent.
I don't recall if I mentioned it or not but the blade on the Chill likes the Gritomatic G8 8,000 stone especially edge leading on the Edge Pro Oh-Yeah-Baby !
I have a chill! I regularly gift them to friends as well! I'm just looking for fun knives that I can edc in NYC to out into my rotation.

Back