anyone heard of arcform?

Mo2

So just saw this review, the guy doesnt know much about them. anyone else know? i love the way it looks, the action seems great.

Really like the looks of that knife Mo!! Very interesting all around! Blade profile, love the presentation side with half CF and the action looks spot on!
Kinda getting a WE feeling on the build. Looks like something they would do.
I'd be in for one! Little anodizing might be welcome also!
Joe

Design is the slimfoot from TuffThumbz/Tuff Knives. Best I can tell it's a collab with Geoff, and a new knife company, made by Reate.

I LOVE the slimfoot and am so excited to handle one not priced as the customs are.

I would love to see more reviews pop up. Mine arrives Tuesday!

Awesome Rob!!
Please many pics and some words on how you feel about it!!
Where did you order it from??
Joe

Design is the slimfoot from TuffThumbz/Tuff Knives. Best I can tell it's a collab with Geoff, and a new knife company, made by Reate.

I LOVE the slimfoot and am so excited to handle one not priced as the customs are.

I would love to see more reviews pop up. Mine arrives Tuesday!

Awesome Rob!!
Please many pics and some words on how you feel about it!!
Where did you order it from??
Joe

Unless bought from a BF dealer, please answer that last question outside the thread.

It just so happens that they are a paid BF dealer. I grabbed it from BHQ.

I'll post pics for sure. I had to sell some things to pay for it. But I've pined for a slimfoot for ages!

Thank you brother!! Didn't think they were readily available as I've never seen one!!
Hope you love it!!
Joe

It just so happens that they are a paid BF dealer. I grabbed it from BHQ.

I'll post pics for sure. I had to sell some things to pay for it. But I've pined for a slimfoot for ages!

I wouldn't mind having one but not sure I like that much blade sticking out of the handle when closed. Maybe just a little to thick for me as well.

I am curious how it will compare to a Sebenza in comparison to how much I like to. A large Sebenza is my favorite knife ever. I seem to not like flippers. Action is good. I am often bothered by how much they stick out. This one maybe fixes that.

Not my "cup of tea"...no point.

This is Arcform's only knife on Blade HQ, who says this about the company: "Arcform Knives began with a goal to bring fine-tuned tools to human hands. They create high-quality, functional knives built with the needs of the knife community in mind. Arcform offers a fusion of brilliant design and precise attention to detail, paired with materials made to last."

What's so special about the knife or company that it commands $350 for a Chinese product? In comparison, the CRKT Eros, a Taiwanese flipper, designed by Onion is $165. Is it because Blauvelt, the designer, is hot? Do ceramic ball bearings cost a lot more than steel :) ?

Not my "cup of tea"...no point.

This is Arcform's only knife on Blade HQ, who says this about the company: "Arcform Knives began with a goal to bring fine-tuned tools to human hands. They create high-quality, functional knives built with the needs of the knife community in mind. Arcform offers a fusion of brilliant design and precise attention to detail, paired with materials made to last."

What's so special about the knife or company that it commands $350 for a Chinese product? In comparison, the CRKT Eros, a Taiwanese flipper, designed by Onion is $165. Is it because Blauvelt, the designer, is hot? Do ceramic ball bearings cost a lot more than steel :) ?
lol, are you trolling? CRKT lol

i suspect you have never owned a midtech knife by Reate?

Arcform is the folding knife division of Flytanium, the people who make the aftermarket scales for Benchmade balisongs and other knives. The rest of the pertinent info has been provided by others in this thread.

Also the comparison of the CKRT Eros to a Reate product is absolutely baffling. Handling both for 30 seconds will elucidate the differences.

And the slamming of "Chinese" products not based on quality but solely by location is ridiculous. There is garbage that comes from China, but it's naive to think that just because someone is in China, means that they're incapable of doing good work.

Reate has established a pretty solid rep. for making solid knives. But you know, Merica. It's great if you want to buy quality American products, but when you ignore data to just label things as "Chinese," as if that just inherently makes something better or worse, it borders on prejudice.

It's really not fair to outright bash china made products as a whole these days. WE is putting out some solid quality pieces at great prices! And then there are the bigger boys like Spyderco with their factory in Taichung, Taiwan (another place constantly bashed for putting out crappy products).

Ah! Looks like RobertK beat me to the punch! But we're in agreement at least!

I have respect for knives made in China, but in my small mind, in this case the price is kind of high for an off-shore manufacturer, not from Europe. No offense meant, just ignorance of the company, designer and knife.

I've always had great respect for the abilities of some Chinese makers since I saw the CAS Iberia Ron Lake interframe knife in 2004.

My Eros is a great knife, almost equal to a Sebenza in quality, it is Ti, has a rare steel, IKBS pivot and a Ken Onion overall design. It be a great knife if it came from any country. Maybe some are prejudiced against CRKT, not all of their product belongs at the flea market :)

Last edited:
Spyderco with their factory in Taichung, Taiwan (another place constantly bashed for putting out crappy products).

It's funny to me because a lot of good stuff comes and has come out of Taiwan - I was very happy that my motorcycle's production had moved to Taiwan (several years earlier) from England prior to purchasing it . I will say the whole China=Bad thing is hard to get away from in general but as pointed out there are good companies there as well. I have the first Massdrop FF knife coming eventually and it is made by WE, I'm looking forward to my first nice Chinese knife.

Also Taiwan is, I believe, the biggest source of CF products - I know the bicycle industry almost exclusively have their frames made there (apart from the $$$ US made ones). Ditto aluminum frames.

IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1194.JPG

Warning: This may be long. There is almost nothing out there about this and because I like it, I want to help it get some attention.

So it came. I had a disappointment as I got a notification that I didn't get a delivery but that a notice was left (cursed signature confirmation!). Fortunately, the mailman is 1) nice 2) drives a long stretch of the same highway I take home and I was able to intercept... as I have done more than a few times!

So, let me preface with the understanding that I am never happy with my knife reviews and that, I have a very hard time leaving negative reviews (which this is not - but I might mention other knives). I tend to feel bad, even if it's a mass production knife. Example: I hated the Slysz Bowie. I love it on paper, I love it in appearance. But in hand, I absolutely detested how it felt. Even though "feel" is personal, to me it feels a bit of a slight to "dis" a company (and for the bowie, everyone else seems to love it!).

To give some more perspective, my favorite knife of all time is a large Sebenza micarta 21. In usage I loved the insingo, but I don't like it in appearance. It cuts great and is EASY to sharpen, but it doesn't fold as smoothly into the handle as the standard drop point, and the spine isn't a long, nice, round, smooth arc. So I like the normal Seb, and the large Micarta is, imo, so comfortable to hold. It's also amazingly easy to take apart and full clean and reassemble without any risk of stripping screws or messing anything up.

In many ways, the Slimfoot is like the sebenza in a lot of the ways I like. It's simple, clean, and the handle is nice and straight. I don't love curved and heavy ergo knives like I love the more straight designs. So it's already a win in that regard. This design also adds what I loved about the insingo while fixing what bothered me about the looks, especially the swedge. It's an amazing blade shape and design.

I also seem to shed flippers quickly. I tend to like thumb studs or holes because, while flipping is fun, the tab can sometimes poke in the pocket, but my main beef is them poking out when open. And this one doesn't do that. It almost vanishes into the handle.

The other knife I'd compare it to is the (as WalkingReviews mentioned) the Lion Man Warrior 1. I LOVED that knife. Size, shape, action, it was nearly perfect. I did NOT like that warranty is void if you take it apart, and I did not like the single screw holding on the slip. Mine wanted to rotate and I couldn't take it apart to fix it per the warranty! The Slimfoot ergo are very similar in handle width and taper. (IMO, also very similar in feel to the micarta sebenza, but visually, more different.) It's a very similar style between the two. While they don't scream their similarities - even excluding the blade they're quite different, but in hand and style, there's some overlap.

The clip is great. My bias: I don't like milled clips much. Function they to me, some work as well as bent clips, but they sure do look great. This one is great in look. Minimal and clean. Thus far it functions great. There's next to no tension against the handle. Because of the stiffness in milled clips, much tension would make it challenging. It makes it go in and out of pockets about as good as can be. I do notice when manipulating in my hand sometimes I bump the clip and it lifts off the handle and "tings" a tiny bit. It's not annoying, it just is.

I disliked the backspacer in pictures. In person, I don't dislike it. It's just fine. The milling is kind of amazing. There's a lot going on, but it's got a unique feel like there's not a lot going on. It looks like jumping but it's pretty smooth.My mind changed. I kind of like it.

The action is great. I don't get that drop shut action from WalkingReviews, but that's not a big deal to me. With no real flipper tab, a fast drop action might lead to a cut finger, lol. I prefer washers, as on the seb, but the bearings are nice and smooth.

The carbon fiber section is almost perfect. 90% of the length of it has no distinguishable seam in feel, which is pretty impressive. I wonder what kind of tolerances are required to mfg these. The lower potion has an area where a minuscule amount of seem is able to be felt (and I mean TINY). Shoot. Now I feel even worse about my inability to fit cut wood pieces together!

The only flaw I can see is that the plunge grind tapers off slowly so the edge and the very hilt thickens a tiny bit. I don't know if or how it will affect sharpening, but I don't expect a challenge.

Centering is good. If on a 100 scale, 50 is centered, this one is a 52, SLIGHTLY favoring the show side. It's pretty dang close.

I got it hand and knew it was a keeper and so... I decided to take it apart. It's not as easy to take apart as a sebenza, but it wasn't bad. Because of th design, and my bad luck with torx, I don't plan on more takedowns, or often, as I don't want to strip a screw, but it went off w/o issue.

I love the finish on the titanium. It's some kind of very fine bead blast I think. Beautiful in look and feel. Will definitely sow scratches if that's an issue to you. The clip looks the pretty close but feels a bit more coarse and it a tad more matte.

Oh, and the lock bar cutout is the only once I've ever taken notice of as being not just something of function but awesome!

Errr, so I think that's it. I love this knife. Going to be a keeper.

lol, are you trolling? CRKT lol

i suspect you have never owned a midtech knife by Reate?

That's ok. Some folks just plain stupid. I will take my Reate's over ANY chris reeve knife. For some reason people are getting to the point of it is US made but still crap I will buy it. It goes with many products not just knives. I pay for quality period. It is beyond me why people like the Sebenza so much. The opening action sucks. The thumb stud is hard to get at. No ceramic bearings. At my Reate's knives fly open. To each his own.

Back