Anyone know what brand this is? {Chef Knife}

Yikes, if that guy wiped the edge of a sharp knife like that, he'd slice through the rag an cut himself.

Assuming this quote from Chuck is true, identifying a particular knife is going to be hard:

"It's the chef it's not the knife. I know chefs are picky about their knives, and so am I, but I have a different take. I am loyal to a company that specializes in loaning out sharp knives to restaurant kitchens. That's right, I don't own my knives. Every week a brand new set of perfectly sharpened knives gets dropped off – it's that easy. Today, Kevin is swing by with my knives and I've decided to have some food ready for him to eat."

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/Chucks-Day-Off/episode.html?titleid=229156&episodeid=240602

It looks like a Dexter Russell NSF chef knife. I've never seen one with a green handle. Might be a special edition zombie dispatcher. I can't figure out why the celebrity chef is running the knife backwards on the steel.

Well apparently if he has sharpened knives delivered to his door it's probably best that he not sharpen his own knives. :)

Check out Greban knives...that's what this one looks like to me.

It looks like a Dexter Russell NSF chef knife. I've never seen one with a green handle. Might be a special edition zombie dispatcher. I can't figure out why the celebrity chef is running the knife backwards on the steel.

There are green handled DR chef knives.
The reason he has his knives delivered on loan and sharpens them backwards is because he's a Celebrity Chef.

I am really wanting to get a couple of knives that don't have handles that have to be babied and I like this one but don't know how to find one.

Have a look at Forschner.
They have a blue microban handle version that is indestructable, and I suspect, far superior in quality to that POS he is demonstrating sharpening.
I use a 10" Forschner professionally; rosewood handle, sweet cutter, incredible in the hand, about 40 bucks.
When it wears down a bit I give it away and get out a new one.

pete

Last edited:
we have that exact knife in out kitchen, when i go in tonight i will take a look and see what it is.

that said I can tell you its a cheep knife and i wouldn't recommend it.

I dont beleive that guy is a celebrity OR a chef, :rolleyes: I mean what kinda mental case wipes his knife off on a rag like that?
Try that with one of my kitchens knives and I'll show you a guy in the ER :p

I dont beleive that guy is a celebrity OR a chef, :rolleyes: I mean what kinda mental case wipes his knife off on a rag like that?
Try that with one of my kitchens knives and I'll show you a guy in the ER :p

He probably read "wipe knife on towel" on the script and that's what he came up with. :rolleyes:

pete

The knife kinda looks like a Mora chef knife. Green handle and ?Scandi grind.

Check out Greban knives...that's what this one looks like to me.

I believe you are right. richard j. emailed me and said he thought that was what it was. viva I would be interested to know if its the same knife you have.If it's junk, obviously I wouldn't want to invest anything in it no matter how cheap it might be. Just tired of hand washing a Shun everytime I cut something up.

Have a look at Forschner.
They have a blue microban handle version that is indestructable, and I suspect, far superior in quality to that POS he is demonstrating sharpening.
I use a 10" Forschner professionally; rosewood handle, sweet cutter, incredible in the hand, about 40 bucks.
When it wears down a bit I give it away and get out a new one.

pete
+1

Forschner is a brand owned by Victorinox, and you know the reputation. I think Victorinox is phasing out Forschner brand and beginning to simply label them as Victorinox. They're inexpensive, but they're very high quality for the money.

we have that exact knife in out kitchen, when i go in tonight i will take a look and see what it is.

that said I can tell you its a cheep knife and i wouldn't recommend it.

viva la did you ever get a chance to check on that knife?

viva la did you ever get a chance to check on that knife?

the one we have looks just like that one, and it is a low quality no name kind of "house" knife. The kind that a guy comes and pics up and drops off newly sharpened ones each week. They are crap TBH.

If you want a decent chefs knife I can send you a link to a website and give you some advise, just shoot me a PM or an email.

As far as the video and sharpening the blade then wiping it on a towel...its more or less the same way as I was shown, and my chefs knives are about as sharp as you will get a chefs knife.

Thanks I appreciate you checking. I have some pretty decent knives. Was just looking for something I could throw in the washer and not have to hand wash that were of good quality. Think I will pass on these for sure.

Mundial makes knives with that color of handle along with just about any other shade you might like. I think F. Dick does to.

Back