Anyone know what brand this is? {Chef Knife}

contrary to what Chuck says in his show, renting knives (or using a knife sharpening service) isn't all it's cracked up to be. You can buy much better knives and learn to sharpen them yourself with very little effort. and it can save you TONS of money. You can easily cut your annual knife budge by 1/4 by buying rather than using a service AND get a much higher quality knife in the process...not to mention have sharp knives all the time - not just once a week!

Check out the colored knives by Mercer (Primary 4). They're the only soft-grip colored-handled knives on the market, are very sharp, keep an edge, are easy to re-sharpen and are really well priced...

There are green handled DR chef knives.
The reason he has his knives delivered on loan and sharpens them backwards is because he's a Celebrity Chef.

Have a look at Forschner.
They have a blue microban handle version that is indestructable, and I suspect, far superior in quality to that POS he is demonstrating sharpening.
I use a 10" Forschner professionally; rosewood handle, sweet cutter, incredible in the hand, about 40 bucks.
When it wears down a bit I give it away and get out a new one.

pete
Thanks Bill.
I have been wondering what you use. SWMBO uses Forschners and loves them. I still use an ancient Foster Bros that I've fallen head over heals for.

Back