Aproy? Bulk Leather site

Kismet said:
Young Bert, the not-right dog, would not scare anyone unless they were intimidated by a six-year-old, 65 lb. puppy on expresso and methamphetimine, who knows that a command has been given, but never bothered to distinguish between one response and another. Thus "sit" can bring lying down, then an inquiring look, then rolling over, then another inquiring look, then a bark...etc.

He never logged in the specific responses to the commands, so they're all in his mental "command room" which is much like Fibber McGee's closet. He just grabs whatever is handiest when given a command.

He is in heaven here with me, but he ain't right.

Do you think Young Bert could have made a road trip down to the toe of indiana and spread his seed around a bit? I'm having the same problems with this lil' fella. Super duper smart, but gets a little confused. He also has massive sepperation anxiety. Whether you leave the room for 8 hours or 15 seconds (i'm not jokin' 15 seconds), he acts like you have been gone for a month, and he is so happy to see you.
DSC00615.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

9 months old, cute as a button, but we don't know what the hell he is. Part sheltie/part...yoda?...donkey?:confused:

Anyway, i feel that I am in for a long and strange road ahead.

Jake

That dog is purebred hienz 57. Once you break him in he'll be a great one.

What would I do without your guidance, Yvsa? This is for a dangler on a pukko knife, so the thickness isn't much of an issue. I am drawing out plans for a Khuk sheath though. 9-10 for that one I guess. I'll be saving a while it would seem. I'll have a super nice karda/chakma set with purple heart handle for my FF when she arrives. I am excited, can you tell?

I buy my leather from Penn (let me check contact info for you). I buy 12oz backs, roughly 20 square feet. Last time I purchased price with shipping was under $100. Great leather, thick, no defects, very little scrap.

I doubt you're interested in buying that much leather, but you might want to give them a call and see what they have in stock in terms of smaller pieces. I'll get back with contact info.

Matt

Jake?

You have a terrier mix. My very best wishes to you.

Terriers SELL expresso/meth mixes.

So smart, so fast, so tireless...get the dog a job. He NEEDS a job.

And everydamnedbody in the family needs dog training classes.

At nine months, you still have a chance.

Get a crate. Now...go to an all-night store and buy a dog-crate...Now.

Great dog. Great companion. Get the dog a job. (Try this, or something like it:http://www.dog-play.com/join.html )

Steely_Gunz said:
DSC00616.jpg

9 months old, cute as a button, but we don't know what the hell he is. Part sheltie/part...yoda?...donkey?:confused:

Anyway, i feel that I am in for a long and strange road ahead.

Jake

Jake, you're right. You are in for a long and strange road ahead. Your puppy looks an awful lot like our Rat Terrier mix Ace. Ace is about 3/4 Rat Terrier.

Kismet is right. Get a cage.

When the wife is mad, you'll need someplace to stay...

icon1.gif

I don't know the question :rolleyes:

but if you look at the first -post- in the Tips.... thread
about 3/4 the way through the post look for:

"Online sources of animal parts /
horn antler bone exotic leather more:"

out of that list
the first place I always look is www.springfieldleather.com
Who else has:
"Item No. 144-5125 - Authentic Elephant Hide
An SLC special buy! Authentic Elephant hide at an absolutely unheard of price! Makes gorgeous wallets, checkbook covers, book covers, purses, etc. Colors are mostly earthtones, with some black, brown and charcoal. Purchased from boot factory, some pieces have blemishes, but for the most part this is great leather, especially at $6.99 @ sq. ft.! Avg size is 3-12 sq. ft."

and says of themselves,
"There ain't no way on God's green earth,
that I'm ever gonna have everthing that we have in this glorified pack rat's nest
on this web site!
If you need something, and you can't find it here,
call me! I've been in the business for a long time,
and you're more than welcome to play "stump the chump" with me.
If I don't have it,
I'll do my best to tell you where to go....
or at least where to look for what you need! "

<:)> THEY call me 'Dean' <>
dean-sp-sm.jpg

<:eek:> Caution: Not all concepts venting from this brain are entirely based on empirical data. fWiW-JMO-M2C-iIRC-YMMV-fYI
<:D> Noobee <> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

Back to the future:

Having just gone thru my 1st half litre of ballistol soaking everything in sight, including myself, but not as yet the dogs, it is my understanding that it can neutralize the bad chemicals in leather. i had one sheath that would quickly attack the brass guard on it's knife that no longer does post-ballistol.

p.s. - it supposedly is good for minor nicks and such on not only dogs, but hoomans as well, the oiling sessions were great for the excema on a couple of my old flash burned fingers.

TAA-DAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

Aproy, babee, babee, babee.... I found it!!!

These were the guys I bought from on eBay. It was veg tanned leather, and they delivered what promised. Sorry it took so long, but I had to go back through a bunch of "feedback" names, none of which give an indication of what they sell.

Here you go, one of their current sales. Contact them if necessary. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5x6oz-CARVING-L...22699QQitemZ7202570648QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks all, and especially Kismet. This thread has made a difference. You really are Santa aren't you?

I don't recall who posted THIS information or if it was even in the Cantina or HI Forum but where ever and whomever posted it gave us a great deal of really nice information about leather and the methods used to tweak it into more than it is when it's just a tanned hide, many thanks to whomever it was!!!!:thumbup: :cool:
Methinks a boiled leather sheath would be dayumed near scabbard like for a dangly sheath for a puukko!!!!:thumbup: :D :cool:

Thats great Yvsa. I don't have time to read it now, but it'll get read tonight. Great 411. I'll certainly check out the boiled leather one. Right now shop maintenance is calling my name, and also some light raking in the yard. I'm going to take some pics in my shop today and start a new thread. I'd like to see you guys shops too.

OK, Time to take this thread out for its 15 year walk-around. It includes wisdom, smart-aleckery, Ysva, Fiddleback, Sarge, Aardvark, veg vs chrome -tanned leather notes, and general geniality--a trademark of HI at the time.

Stay healthy, post more, veer threads, and grin instead of scowling.

It's no wonder that you couldn't find an recipes: you were probably looking for those that involved sous vide. Be it known that no aardvark, dead or alive, has ANY association with sous vide.

And Andy? You embarrass me, not knowing the difference between chrome-tanned and veggie-tanned! Chrome is a hard, shiny, metal coating. So, if you chrome-tan something, it becomes hard and metallic. Chrome-tanned leather used to be used for the old car bumpers. You don't see many of those, these days.

Kis, I strongly suspect that your cudgel/interdiction staff is a bumbershoot!

Well, I had to check, but yes, bumbershoot is a colloquialism for umbrella. I looked it up to be sure.

bumbershoot
noun
bum·ber·shoot | \ ˈbəm-bər-ˌshüt\
plural bumbershoots
Definition of bumbershoot
US, informal
: umbrella sense 1
Mr. Whifflebottom shifted to his other arm the long black bumbershoot he carried ever with him, against the rain that seldom came, even as he wore always knee-high rubber boots for the same reason.— Harry Stephen Keeler
A bumbershoot is exactly the same as an umbrella, but it's a much better word. The bumber bit is a variant of brolly, and the shoot is there because it looks a little bit like a parachute.— Mark Forsyth …
The sort of writer who won't say umbrella when he can say bumbershoot.— Malcolm Jones.

Joe? You're still a bit bitter about the whole recipe thing, aren't you?

(Gawd, I loved these old informative, teasing, veer-y threads!)

Last edited:
I'd have been more bitter, if you'd actually found a decent recipe. And you'd started stalking me.
I'm beginning to understand why Bert wasn't quite right: you trained him to find me, didn't you?

Sooooo.....you're saying there IS a decent recipe?

Now isn't that interesting?

And I trained Young Bert to do only those things which YB wanted to learn; even those were subject to his refinement of the details.

Back