Are Tantos Double Edged Blades?

Take it however you want my friend but if your advice is to rely upon law enforcement officers for legal advice and use their "opinion" as a defense to a criminal charge then I disagree with you for obvious reasons.

That's not at all what I said if you'd read my posts ... I said the opposite ... but that its a good idea to talk to and find out their policies on top of knowing the laws ... and avoid the issues before it ends up needing an attorny or prosecuter ... because laws are inturpreted differently ... it can just avoid problems before they happen.

While chatting with a few officers I have heard some truly bizarre interpretations of law, but I don't argue with someone carrying a firearm when all I have is a folding knife!

Well I'm not a lawyer, but personally I would not consider a tanto double-sided. But then again in Texas, as of today, there's no such thing as illegal knife.

Last edited:
Tanto blades like those made by Cold Steel are definitely not double edged knives. One of the main selling points is the reinforced point and its tip strength. The spine of the knife is thick right up to the end of the blade unlike a double edged blade with two sharpened edges. You can run your finger along the spine of a Tanto blade and not be cut.

Back