Are There Any Original BF Members Still Here?

Not sure how far back constitutes original, but I joined in 2000. Just started posting seriously recently as I became interested in axes and became a member.

I joined pretty early, but have always been more of a lurker. I don't come around much anymore, though.

Not even close to an original member, but I've been around a while.
Not so much the past year or two though, just busy with other things. I've collected about as many knives as I need. :D

I was one of the first. Maybe day one. I can't remember my registered name. Brian Edginton, or similar.
Have been a member of most of the mainstream knife forums. Even been asked to leave a couple
Have seen a few fade away.
Hung around for a few years and went elsewhere. Won't go into that.
Came back as brianWE.
Really old, now, so posting is a chore.But I lurk.

Not an original, but I lurked for several years before I joined. After becoming a member I mainly lurked, I'm a lurker :D.

Vampire Gerbil was one of a kind, I miss his style of humor. Another guy that was a class act was Rob Simonich.

I didn't register right away, lurked for a good while. A year?
Must've read every post before I registered.
I remember MT's giveaway quizzes.
Ahhh the old days, notched tangs, Carnies, spine whacking, the works!

Been an active lurker for a long time. I don’t post much but I check in a lot. Some the people from the late nineties were fun to read.

Strange for me as I kinda remember that time frame, it was about when I first got on the internet and back then everyone had a complicated email name, so, instead of just using my name as I do on here I picked what at the time was my favourite type of edge on a knife, a chiseledge and took that as my email with yahoo. After a short while I wished that I hadn't done that, but after so many years it's hard to change so it stuck.

I do miss some of the folks on the forums, use to have a 'chat' night I forget the software used but Tim Herman was prominent during those sessions as was Vampire Gerbil, very interesting discussions, a little rowdy at times but interesting ;)
G2

VG was a hoot.
Dr Steve? Always wrote "knif" instead of knife....
Anyone remember Gaucho with his knife tests and review's?
He was cutting legs of lamb looooooooong before Doug on FIF :)

Wow! You really must be old.
YOU asked the question 6-months ago.
I'm going to merge this thread with that one.

Yeah, I’m really getting old and what’s wrong with asking this same question more than 6 months ago? Thank you for merging the threads!

Lots of people I miss here from the REALLY old days!

I've lurked as a buyer since late 1997 or early 1998. At the time my thing was "tactical". Bought a Bauchop and an Emerson - just a phone call, then I sent $ and the other gents sent knives. The $ and knives crossed in the night. These days the community [based upon my reading] is not as trust worthy.

My memories of that time are of a gent who had his bicep sliced but was typing on the Emerson Forum the next day.

I largely got out of tactical knives but still buy traditional folders. Joined in the 2000's to buy a Davison. A really great site! Thank you everyone.

I was going through the archives the other day and was reading my own threads and posts that started in 1998. It was truly a wonderful place back then with so many up and coming knifemaker’s who were so willing to share and help and went on to becoming some of the most revered and talented makers ever.

We were young, (or in my case, middle aged!), and so enthusiastic about knives. Like I’ve said before, Mike and Kevin were so revolutionary way back then for starting such a great forum. Kevin truly was one of the earliest and most talented internet techies and Mike couldn’t have started this site without him. No matter all the difficulties involved sometimes between them, they were a match made in heaven!

It’s sad though to realize so many of the great makers and and forum members that were once here have sadly since passed. I’ve been blessed to make it to my ripe old age and still love knives but unfortunately don’t come aboard here much anymore. It sure was a great run for so many years and I’m happy that for so many younger people getting into knives, it still is!

Been here since Oct 1998 as well and following the various fora prior to that....and really have to say thanks to Mike and Kevin and at least a hundred others who built the foundations of this site and by extension the hobby...

Ditto that! I joined in 10/98 as well, but had to change my profile for some reason in 05 or so

Back