Arm hair removal!

Cmon, post up if you obsessively scrape your arm hair off with your freshly sharpened Spyderco! I know I do!

:D

I do too. I think it is satisfying because it proves my sharpening ability more so than how sharp the knife can be made.

Actually, I really don't need a knife to be razor sharp since I already have razors (and a full beard too). On most knives, most of the time, I like a less razor sharp utility edge that stands up to a little occasional abuse without damage.

Right arm hairy. Left arm bare. Summer has opened up the leg area so some hair is coming back but it won't live too long.

Right arm hairy. Left arm bare. Summer has opened up the leg area so some hair is coming back but it won't live too long.

Haha, same. Left arm is hairless, but my right is normal..... My legs on the other hand arent so lucky. I try to stay above the knee so others cant notice it even with shorts on (I live in SoCal so im always in shorts), and now my upper legs are completely bare. But its pretty awkward to explain when someone does notice....

Guilty. Not just spydercos though. I too try to stay above the knee and only the inside of my left forearm.

Haha yeah, there has to be a better way to test sharpness of a knife after sharpening. I look pretty crazy with arms and legs missing sections of hair.

Sigh, ok, this is actually a true story...

Last year when I got completely obsessed with sharpening I completely ran out of arm/leg/chest hair and was always looking for a way to test my sharpness. Some fine gentleman on here suggested touching the edge to your hair (head) to see if it "bites" as a way to test the edge. I used this for about a month but when I finally went to the gal that cuts my hair she took one look and said "what happened to your hair??" She handed me a mirror and I saw that I had a huge hole in the back of my hair where I had been testing my edges over and over. Hahahaha.

Funny thing is, I still find this to be a great test and use it all the time but if you try it I recommend doing it very LIGHTLY and switching your spot. :eek:

Funny, I received a Manix 2 in less than shaving sharp and I still raked it across my arm scraping the top layer of skin off. After I sharpened it I went back to the same are removing hair, pitiful. Lol

There is much work to be done for arm shavers.:eek::) Save the planet!;):D
[video=youtube;Q3G2qmY0hW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3G2qmY0hW8[/video]

Last edited:
I've moved on to chest hair. Starting to look ridiculous. Wife thinks I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. She's probably right.

Take the sharpness just a little farther and shave above your skin. I shave a patch on my right arm where the hair is just shorter than the rest.

I'm definitely guilty. I have honing and stropping ocd, so I have no arm hair. I have to look for a spot to test on now haha.

I just test on the under side of my left arm where the hair is finer and you don't notice as much. When I run out, I just switch to the under side of my right arm. I don't want to look like a complete weirdo, lol.

Back