• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ARtsig1?

If I was one that Art owed I would be looking to cram a 2X4 where the sun doesn't shine, but I am not.
That's because I remember the issues of a while ago and decided I would never deal with him.
That does not change the fact that I feel bad that he allowed his addictions and addictive behaviors to get the best of him.
The best way I could put it is that if I were the LEO taking these reports I would arrest Art but feel terrible that I had to do it.
I do not "justify" his conduct, I simply understand it........................
I also believe Art will take care of business soon and pay those he owes. He is not a POS, just someone doing shiity things. If he does not pay, it's at that point he does become one in my book.

wolfmann601 said:
If he does not pay, it's at that point he does become one in my book.

wolfmann601,

How much time do you think that he should have before he goes into "your book"?

Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering. I think that the members that are being shorted are being very patient with Art's quandry.

Hope that this works out for everyone, including Art.

Did a couple of deals with Art a while back.Took a month for him to get me a knife I paid for up front.
Also took him a long time to pay me for a knife I sold him.
Decided not to do business with him again.
Nice enough guy though.
My .02.

Also poop happins.He has problems.We"ll see.

Randy

balrog said:
wolfmann601,

How much time do you think that he should have before he goes into "your book"?

Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering. I think that the members that are being shorted are being very patient with Art's quandry.

Hope that this works out for everyone, including Art.

It's not a matter of time. It is a matter of intent!!!

hmmm would you call selling the SAME item to 2 different people but only 1 recieving an item INTENT ? Allot of people are owed either allot of cash or allot of product.

I just don't think this one should drop off the first page for awhile.

You guys are assuming he sold the same flashlight twice. A guy that owns 5-6 of the same knife is apt to have two of the same lights.

But prove it and that makes him a Thief, ok?

He owes a ton of folks a slew of money, just like before.

That's why I would never deal with him, he cannot be trusted.

But some criminals are still not POS's............................

So sorry, but this guy just didnt accidently rip people off. It takes a pretty big effort to ask for and recieve items without having the money to do so. It also takes no small effort to put something for sale, and recieve payment, and not send the item. It just doesnt all of a sudden happen, like burning your toast or something. From having dealt with more than my fare share of addictions and addicts, Im guessing that this guy would offer to buy something when he had money, or was having money coming in, but, something else would come up. Be it another toy, or whatever he's using, I dont know. He would take forever to send stuff he sold because he just didnt care. It wasnt a one time thing, it happened alot by the sounds of it. He himself would be probably be pissed if he spent his money and didnt get the item for a month, and had to fight kicking and screaming to get it. Yet he did it to others, time and time again. He JUST DOESNT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT HIMSELF.

And just because a deal or two went well doesnt make this guy a saint. Having alot of posts on various forums doesnt make him a good guy. But as far as Im concerned screwing people out of their hard earned money makes you a POS. Youd think the same thing about somebody coming into your house and taking things from you, or our of your car, or picking your pocket. Youd especially think the same thing if he was feeding an addiction on what he stole from you.

It does not matter if he had one flashlight or a hundred, if he sells one or all and people dont get them, that makes a thief, what other proof do you need?

There is a difference between making a mistake and learning from it and not letting it happen again, and just flat out taking money and merchandise and not paying over and over.

wolfmann601 said:
But prove it and that makes him a Thief, ok?
He ripped off a whole bunch of people , I guess that dont make him a thief ?

He might be a person with a whole bunch of problems , if so I hope he gets them solved and his life returns to normal ( thief or not I will keep him in my prayers ) but at this point , he took $$$ , didnt deliver = thief.

I dealt with him only once....no problem at all and a fast shipper in my case. Item was as described. He seemed like a real nice guy. I'm very sad to see this happening.

In an email that I received today from Art, he fully admitted that he owed a lot of people a lot of money. From what he wrote, it looks like he will be unable to do anything about that until he makes that land deal that has referred to in the past. It sure would be good if this land sells quickly so that everyone can get what they are owed. This really is a very sad state of affairs.

By the way, Art stated that he is not going to be responding to this thread as the only thing he has to tell people is what he has already told them, and he figures it would just turn into a big argument.

Not responding to the threads is probably smart, not responding/contacting the people at loss individually probably isnt! (he has my PM, email, Home address and home #, heck thats all I was looking for him to do in the first place) I've been listening to the "land Sale" and "Insurance $" thing for weeks now. Being in Banking I KNOW how long those things take and the delays that could occur. ALL have nothing to do with, MONEY was sent in advance to ARt for items that he already had in his possession (He did NOT need to buy them first) Hence if these items were stolen he would simply return the funds AND then wait to be compensated accordingly. he has not. I've asked this question several times, IF $$$ was recieved via paypal as requested from most AND NO $ needed to be spent for items to be shipped, then why not just return it? Needless to say it HAS BEEN spent and hes a thief, on what is now not important. Again explaination not needed, its obvious what happened, BUT refunds are!!!! And yes you can fall victim to hard times, steal from others for your own needs AND STILL NOT be a POS in my book depending on extreme circumstances, your a thief BUT NOT ALWAYS a POS although MOST! often they go hand in hand!!! Guys if applicable FILE your claims...if $$$ arrives you can always recind claim with no loss to the seller.
As a wise man once said, I hope this works out for all parties involved. Sorry this had to come here.

Loandr.

This is a good reason to check somebody out before dealing with them. When you deal with a thief like Art you are shooting craps whether you get your knife or the money owed you. What a shame. I have no sympathy for a thief, and make no mistake that's what this guy is.

After recieving some very "enlightening" E-mails concerning Art's dealings of late my opinion has changed.

What a hole has been dug and it can never get this deep without some culpability of the digger. Art is holding two shovels........................

Time for the victims to file Police reports.

and I stand corrected, this is far more than "shiit happens":(

I would be more inclined to feel better about this if Art (who I think a lot of) would contact each person who he has left hanging and work things out with them. If he does not, my opinion will change for the worse.

**** does happen, owning up to it and making it "right" is where the rubber meets to road so to speak. I feel Art will do that (make it right), but the folks left hanging need to be reasured and letting things go is not the way to handle this no matter what the circumstances.

the45guy said:
he took $$$ , didnt deliver = thief.

A pretty simple, and very accurate equation. It's too bad this has happened.

It's such a shame what drugs do to people.

I have a friend who was addicted to pain-killers as well. He didn't stop until he lost his wife, got fired from his job, owed thousands of dollars, and spent six months in jail.

Who knows who else Art owes money to. A thief and an addict could owe money all over town. Under a scenario like that I doubt if anybody will get paid.

lets also not lose sight of an even bigger problem , he may really need allot of help to get himself back together. Yes he owes people , but I am also concerned as to how he is doing phycially and emotionally . Has anyone heard how he personally is dealing with all that is going on ?

Matteo Escobar said:
It's such a shame what drugs do to people.

I have a friend who was addicted to pain-killers as well. He didn't stop until he lost his wife, got fired from his job, owed thousands of dollars, and spent six months in jail.
I had a friend who was addicted to coke , gambling and booze , didnt stop until he took his own life one night with a 38. There is always a way to get help , you just gotta be able to ask for it.

Back